Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four / Harper's pov

Recap-

Great I wasted two hours. Literally.

Stepping out of the plane and onto the ground is a relief. The air hits my nose and the wind gazes my body while the sun shines down on us. Beautiful weather indeed. Bryan takes my hand and we follow Chief who calls for a taxi.

Getting in Chief gives the address of the place we are needed to be but there's one problem, we aren't sure if Imran is actually at his grand house in Mekelle. But nevertheless that's where we headed. 

Present time-

This isn't a house. It's a fucking castle. One person, in this palace? That's craziness. As we step up to the front of the hous-castle we all stopped by three guards.

Okay I can't deal with more convincing, arguing or any form of violence. Flipping out my badge and flashing them it, I push past all three men. But then I'm suddenly grabbed by the arm and I swear I can actually break someones neck right now.

"What?!" I yell to the guard who doesn't even bat an eyelid. Huh tough nut to crack.

"The big boss is occupied with people already. You'll have to wait out here."

"Who are these people you speak of?" Chief steps forward with a brow raised.

"The Vikings sir." He impudently returns

Sigh.

I knew they would be here. It was either that theory or they took him from his place. I shrug my arm out of the man's hold and walk up to the door with Bryan now following me.

"Right figured. Its why we are here. So it's either you let us in or something will happen to him. Those people in there aren't who you think they are." Chief commands his voice full of authority

The man shares a look with the other two guards that has caught up too Bryan and I. They nod in response to him and he gives us the go ahead.

"You're doing the right thing." Chief nods at them as he enters after us.

Wow. This place is magnificent. Appreciating it in all its beauty. I snap out of it and continue my way down the hall.

***

"I ASKED WHO ARE YOU?!" Imran Nur Johadeen yells infuriatingly at us for the second time.

We made it, to the big opening where Imran was seated with the Vikings, with what seemed as having a normal conversation.

But that isn't even nearly true. Knowing the Vikings, they've got all kinds of different motives up their sleeves.

Bryan steps forward and shows him his badge making Imran squirm in his seat. I guess he never thought he would have three police officers in his castle. I know it's not actually a castle but where on earth am I actually gonna let it go.

"First we are arresting the Vikings and then you. This has to come to an end Haze. You are done for and if you even try one undespicable thing, I swear Haze and Dianna you going to regret it." I say as I pull out some cuffs. And step up to them.

Pulling Dianna up and cuffing one cuff on one arm, she seers at me and I give a dry chuckle back in response.

" You're a woman made of ice you know? Using two innocent children as a cover up. No shame. What even would you have done with your own child."

She grimaces, "That isn't your business! At least I felt remorseful." She yells back with tears in her eyes.

Liar.

"What is all this about huh?" Imran suddenly booms voicing his thoughts with a frown on his face.

"THIS IS ABOUT YOU STEALING OUR EXPLOSIVES! YOU ASSHOLE. YOU FUCKING RIPPED US OFF." Haze furiously shouts as he launches at Imran but Chief and Bryan are quick enough to stop him before he could even lay a finger on him.

"How- how do y- what are you talking about?"

"Oh quit the fucking around would you. We all know who you are. Imran Nur Johadeen, known as I.N.J the biggest drug dealer, or mainly just dealer of any illegal apportion. Someone pulled a fast one for you by contracting someone they knew to get your hands on what you needed. Which that drove these two crackheads out to get you. They aren't even originally from New York. Neither are you originally from here, am I right? You're from Israel." Bryan let's out a breath as he finishes. Feeling contented with himself, he cuffs Haze as shoves him back in his seat.

He smirked and then I watched his finger gaze over something. A remote control, but for what?  It can't be. He won't do that with himself in the room, will he?

He smirk doesn't wipe away, he gazes at me and presses the button.

"GET DOWN!" I yell and suddenly the ceiling above us starts crashing down and I shove Dianna and whoever I can into the outside area. But what got me falling to me knees as I tried pulling him out with me before the wood or the concrete pillers could crash him, was Bryan shot in the chest.

***

Never, not once in my career did I ever think I would sit here on a cover greenery ground crying as people who I should be  arresting, sit there shocked as well.

"Bryan, please you promised. You promised me!" I yell as I hold him in my lap, my tears along with snot cascading down my face.

"Harper just go." He coughs and my tears just keep flowing. "_ go- go and finish this. I -aah - I will be here when you're done, waiting." He breaths heavily and I shake my head but he takes a hold of my hand as says something that makes me lightly laugh but also actually get up leaving him there. " Show me you're better than me at our job. Show me what you showed me the day we met, that you wouldn't listen, go ahead and be strong headed now."

I promised him as I walked away. Chief looking back one more time at Bryan after having cuffed Dianna and Haze to a pole. If that even keeps them.

"We need to get that boy to a hospital. It's time to finally put this to an end."

And so we did.

With Imran shot in the head, Dianna and Haze locked up and Bryan in hospital, his life on the line. We stopped Ethiopia from being blown up one seconds before it would've happened. Chief had ran to where the bomb was situated and struggled disarming it at first, one second later and we all could've died. I fought with a gun at first till I ran out of bullets, and had to use my fist. Got beaten up pretty bad but it was all worth it when I saw Bryan again with the slightest smile on his face, letting me know I done good, and good I done.

This was finally done. This crazy ride has ended now I find myself wondering what will happen next.

AUTHORS NOTES: URGH I CAN'T EVEN BEING TO SAY HOW SORRY I AM FOR NOT GIVING MORE ACTION, I JUST CAN'T GET MY BRAIN TO THINK THAT FAR OUT. ALSO I DIDN'T WANNA DRAG IT LONGER THAN THIS. NOW JUST REALIZING THAT I WROTE THIS ALL IN CAPS 😂😂 I AIN'T EVEN GONNA BOTHER CHANGING IT. ALSO IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY I WAS GONNA, REALLY BUT THEN I FELL ASLEEP WITH MY PHONE IN MY HAND AND I WAS LIKE, LET ME JUST GO SLEEP. ANYWAY NEXT CHAPTER UP SOON. TILL THEN VOTE, COMMENT, ENJOY AND STAY SHINING ⭐

Peace out sparkling team 🌟