Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five / Harper's pov

Another rainy day. Another day I just want to disappear. The cold rain pours outside, steaming the windows from the inside. The trees having blown side to side rapidly as cars speed down the road. It's not exactly quiet here but with the weather giving off those chill and relax vibes it makes it seem that way.

My head feels heavy again and I'm about to let myself fall asleep but the door opens and Nurse Faith enters. She has a brown bag in her hand and a soda in the other.

"You have to eat Harper. This isn't healthy and you know it." She places it on the small table that showcases the other older brown bags, picking those up and disposing them. She takes a seat and watches me.

"I'm not hungry." I bearly even get my words out as my mouth is dry from not having drunken anything for three hours.

"As per usual. I can't force you. Your mother is in the waiting room." With that she stands up and leaves me in silence once again.

Sighing I get up out of my chair and head towards the waiting room with one look at Bryan's almost lifeless body.

Nine days and counting and I still feel hopeless. I desperately want to trade places with him. I want to be the one lying there so I wouldn't have to feel the pain of seeing him this way.

So with the guilt and sorrow-ness I feel. I Force myself to not eat, only drink water. Hardly sleep, and stay held up in the room with him.

***

"Sweetie please jus-"

I cut her off, I can't deal with her trying to get me away from him." Mom no! I'm not leaving him."

"Harper I am just asking you to take one day of rest. You are going to drive yourself insane. You aren't eating nor even paying mind to what's going on around you." She says her voice harsh at first but then softens it, her eyes having a sign of worry in them.

"I don't want to. I'm fine. "

She opens her mouth to respond but before she could, a tall african american male steps into the room, giving off a strong vibe of dominion, Chief behind him.

I have a feeling I know who he could be.

"Davis how are holding up?" Chief says looking at me with a look of patience on his face.

"I'm okay. Agent Davis Sir." I offer my right hand to the man and he takes it in his strong grip.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. How is my son doing?" His accent is thick, a mix of English and Vernacular.

I blink my eyes once, then twice. Okay I was way off of my description of the man. I thought he was Bryan's superintendent.

He chuckles lightly as I mention for him to take a seat. " I'm assuming my son hasn't mentioned that his half British and African American?"

I shake my head and wonder to myself why in the world Bryan never mentioned that to me. I mean his skin colour isn't exactly light, its natural...warm undertone.

His father seems like Chestnut, so I can only assume his mother skin tone is warm Ivory. Hopefully I'm right this time.

"No he hasn't. W-would you like to see him?" I ask as my voice suddenly goes shaky. Mom puts a hand on my shoulder and I smile at her, that I'm ok or at least what I want to believe.

"If possible yes please." He solemnly says.

Nodding my head as I direct him to Bryan's room. "Oh this is my mother, Elizabeth." I introduce her, really almost forgot. He takes mom's hand in a strong grip too.

Stopping in front of the door, I motion for him to enter. He raises a brow at me but I just smile instead. So without further questioning he does enter and I feel a bit relief to know that he has another loved one by him. Plus it's only fair he goes in alone. He hasn't seen Bryan in months.

"Alright sweetie. I have to go but I'll see you both soon. Take care okay. I love you." She quickly hugs me and I hugs her back, " I will. I love you too." She walks off and now I'm left alone in the hallway with Chief.

"Everything okay at the station?" Asking I take a seat on the bench that stands across from the room.

"Finally yes. We do have some things to talk about though. So once Mr Hills is done the three of us can talk."

Three?

Bryan? But his in a comma.

"What three?" I pull my lips into a thin line.

"The two of us and Mr Hills." Chief says but I still give him a confused look and he actually realizes that I still don't get him." Mr Hills is Bryan's Chief and father."

What the actual heck!

When was that idiot ever going to tell me. He said his father was a police officer. Key word being, was. Did he actually lie to me? Oh when he wakes up....

"Oh of course. I just need a cup of coffee." I mumble and lift my head as the door to Bryan's room opens.

Mr Hill's closes the door behind him and sighs, "He looks terrible. I want to know what exactly went down. Coffee?"

At first I stare at the man. Yeah no I can totally see it now. Father and Chief in one. Bryan must have had it tough.

I nod my head in response and Chief stands up. "I'll go get some, black right?" He ask and Mr Hills nods. " Davis?" He turns to me and I start contemplating. I want a really good cup of coffee.

"Sweetened with heavy cream please."

***

Mr Hills and myself are seated in Bryan's room.  The silence definitely awkward. First time meeting his father and I can't say shit. He must think I am a lousy woman. Besides the fact that I work for the FBI and that, that in fact isn't true.

I'm about to talk, to break the tension but the door opens and Chief enters with our coffees. This makes me sigh in relief. Handing me my coffee I thank him and he takes a seat next to Mr Hill's who is sat at the foot of Bryan's bed on a chair. I took the opportunity to sit next to Bryan.

"How did you know something was off?" Mr Hills questions Chief and I raise a brow.

He smiled up, looking at me. "Bryan was looking at her with fear in his eyes and just as you got on that plane Davis, I got a call from Agent Mertis. He told me that Haze and his men had ambushed them and escaped." He crossed his arms and I frown, why am I never told these things!

"But Bryan got on his plane as well, how did you two even Catch up?" Querying as I make myself comfortable in my seat., Sipping on my coffee.

I close my eyes for a quick second and focus. This is gonna be a long day.

AUTHORS NOTES: Sometimes I can be a real slow poke. I have four more chapters left to write and I can't even hurry it up. Keep in mind, that when I write this notes and when I publish the chapter,it'll seem off. Anyway did you guys expect Mr Hills to be Bryan's father or Chief at first? Vote, comment, enjoy and stay shining ⭐

Peace out sparkling team 🌟