Chapter 36

Eret's POV
Before the Battle of the Lake

I decided it was best to split with Tommy and the others, just in case something would happen. Although, I didn't get to inform them about this as they all ran faster than me. To time my arrive at Manburg, I took the shortcut through the side of a mountain. From there, I climbed up the rocky road and carefully watched the ground below me. In just a minute or two, I reached a hill and slid down with a loud rough fall.

The dirt scattered everywhere with the smallest pieces of rocks flying everywhere as soon as I jumped down. In a hurry, I pushed myself off from the ground and tried to get rid of the dirt on my hands. Shattering glass suddenly echoed from a distance. I looked up and crouched down, watching as a huge smoke errupted in to the air that surrounded them. My eyes widened as I see Schlatt quickly escaping with Quackity behind him, but there was another one running alongside. I frowned as I tried to take a better look of who it was, but the person's coat covered most of their body and the smoke made everything around them blurry.

Without warning, I ducked my head down when a pearl almost hit me straight on the face. I quickly hurried away and glanced behind, only to see Sapnap on the top of the hill and hurriedly ran down the opposite. Relief washed over my shocked body as I turned away and started to head for Manburg, Schlatt to be exact. My eyes then caught sight of Technoblade running with his horse towards Sapnap's way, he wasn't able to notice me, or so that's what I thought.

" Don't do anything stupid. " My ears perked up as I jolt at Techno's words. I turned around but he was already gone before I could respond, I let out a heavy sigh and continued my way.

Upon my arrival at Manburg, I was suddenly surprised by the familiar boy who had seemed to just woken up. He quickly spotted me by the side and ran towards me, confusion written all over his face as he continued to watch as the black smoke slowly faded away.

" Eret..? What's going on? " Tubbo asked worriedly.

" I don't know much, Tubbo. " I truthfully answered, looking around as I notice the left marks of obvious explosions on the land. And by the corner of my vision, I notice a glimpse of movement. I turned my head towards it, eyeing the shadows as I tried to find whoever was in there. Soon, an orange tail came out of the darkness with it's long ears and sharp teeth.

" Fundy! " Tubbo said in relief, he was at least happy to see someone he was currently close with. But Fundy wasn't, he raised his arm to pull Tubbo behind him.

" Fundy, listen- " I raised my hands to defend myself, but he cuts me off by shoving me away.

" You've already taken Samantha away, don't even dare step another closer to Tubbo. " He warned me. I could see the pain in his eyes as soon as he mentioned of her, after all, Fundy wasn't great at masking his emotions. It just scatters everywhere when he loses control.

" Fundy! Stop it. " Tubbo stepped in and tried to move Fundy away, but he didn't budge nor take his eyes away from me.

" Tubbo, stop it. " I turned to Tubbo and stopped him. I know Fundy won't listen to him, as long as he's like this. Tubbo looked at me, slightly shaking his head, trying to warn me about the possible outcome if he steps away. I ignored him and stared at Fundy.

Eventually, Tubbo lets go and stepped away. Fundy soon went straight for me as soon as he was free, I never moved and stayed in my position until he gets to me. He raised his arm but I quickly caught it with my hand, wrapping my fingers around his wrist. His eyebrows furrowed and his sharp teeth stared directly at my eyes. He moved his arm to escape my grasp but I held it down and slowly took a deep inhale.