Chapter 26

George's POV

" Sapnap-! " I forced his wrist off of mine's causing me to stumble backward, while he fell directly down the path. But I was quick to catch my balance and held the tree to support my heavy body.

" Why did you do that for?! " He yelled at me and sat on the path with a pout on his face. I rolled my eyes and clapped my hands together to get rid of the dirt.

" We can't leave her with Schlatt, who knows what they'll do. " I said and crossed my arms.

Sapnap looked up at me from below and crossed his arms while he laid his legs straight and spread out on the ground. He looked like he was thinking and was deep in thought.

" Then, should we go back? " Sapnap asked.

" No, " I sighed. " I'll do it myself. You, stay here. "

" Okay, fine. Make sure you make it quick, we only have less than an hour. " He reminded me.

" Do you actually think I don't know that? "

" Hey! I was just reminding you. "

Afterward, I quickly left Sapnap alone somewhere beside the path as I took a different road where I knew Schlatt and Samantha had gone to. Although I knew pretty much all of the land, it bothered me that I had No idea where I was going. I frowned to myself and gripped on the handle of my sword tightly before I started running to quicken up my pace. As I grew closer, I spotted a few flowers by the supposedly entrance. I abruptly stopped and slowly stepped forward to take a peak.

My eyes widened at the amount of flowers in one large field. The colors were not as appealing in my eyes but their fragance was amazing. I narrowed my eyes through the field but found No one. They must've gone way far. I was about to head in when a distant sound of glass breaking made me halt. I turned around and witnessed as the birds from the trees flew away in frantic. They never do that unless there was someone causing trouble among that part, and it somehow was where I left Sapnap.

I suddenly got stuck between two situations, finding Samantha and checking what happened to Sapnap. I groaned underneath my breath as the feeling of regret filled my throat, I should've brought him along.

Then goes another sound by the flower field, I turned my head towards the sound and searched everywhere with the limitation to my vision. I sighed and decided it was best to return to Sapnap and search with him. I quickly left the entrance and went running back for where I left him, but as I move, the feeling of Anxiousness took over my mind and body. The shaking in my hands and the cold sweat running down from my forehead, was a sign I took that something is definitely wrong.

I jumped down a hill and went slidding down before swiftly standing up and catching back on my track. Once I reached closer, I ran faster and took a turn from behind the tree.

" Sapnap? " I called out and looked around. I was confused to see No one on the spot where I had left him.

" Sapnap, where are you? " I groaned and stopped in the Middle of the silent land. Not even the tiniest sounds of animals or wind were heard, just ear-piercing silence with my heavy breathing. I became a lot more Nervous as I felt unsafe, I then held my sword and attempted to pull it out when a glass bottle broke directly on to my chest.