Chapter 23

Later that night, the raindrops grew louder as the wind started to worsen. Although nothing had been damaged, everyone became cautious and started to evacuate inside their base to remain safe for the time being of the incoming storm. The same hour, Samantha was sat on a chair, deeply in thought while her forehead rested on the palm of her hands. Her mind kept racing back to the recent conversation with Schlatt. His voice kept bothering her since then and was the cause of her restless hours.

Dream, George and Sapnap however were cleaning up inside to fit most of their gear after removing everything from outside. The constant squeek, clang and creaks surrounded the house but the girl inside her room remained unaware as she was drowning slowly to an endless sea of thoughts.

" Hey, isn't it a little too quiet? " Sapnap asked after taking a break from pushing a lot of stuff around while he drinks from a cup filled with water.

George turned to him with a steady glance as he was carrying a chest of weapons and armor. He responded only with a shrug and continued to make his way towards his own room, where he can stuff a few of the armoury inside. Sapnap lets out a scoff and glanced at Dream, who just exited his room with a confused look.

" What? " Dream asked.

" You should go check on her, she's been awfully quiet this past hours. I think she's dead or something. " Sapnap said and pointed at the door beside him while he leans on a wall with his arms crossed.

" I already did a while ago, she must be sleeping. " The masked man replied dryly as he plopped down on a wooden chest to take a break, wiping the sweat off his forehead while doing so.

Sapnap decided to let go of the hook and dropped the cup to the side. Dream paid Zero attention to the guy until he noticed him staring at him. Dream raised an eyebrow at Sapnap. Knowing Sapnap for the longest time, Dream knew this guy had something to say, either Useless or Useful.

" Are you really agreeing to the Election? " He asked.

Dream cleared his throat and looked down with his hands stuck together. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips formed a straight line.

" If it can benefit to us, I will have to. "

" What did that sheep even say? " Sapnap snickered a small laugh and tapped his shoe on the ground to make a little rythym to ease the ear-piercing silence.

" He can stop this war by letting L'manburg's ground back in our control. "

Sapnap turned his head to Dream.

" But what if he loses? "

The entrance to George's room opened, where George himself finally stepped out of his room in which caught the attention of the two. The relaxed one made his way towards a chair and sat comfortably on it while he looks at the two.

" He isn't going to lose. " George stated calmly.

" How? " Sapnap asked, flailing his arms around as he was confused on why George seemed to be confident with his prediction.

George took in a deep breath before standing up once again. The two's eyes followed his every move until he stopped by his bedroom door once again.

" I can't tell, you'll see for yourself. " George responded before locking his door after stepping inside.

___

In the Middle of the Night, a few knocks came from the door waking Dream up who was sleeping beside the front door. He steadily pushed himself up from the floor and glanced at a nearby window. His eyes could still see the trees swaying harshly with the wind and leaves being thrown around. He frowned and slowly opened the door, letting a gush of wind inside with a loud whistle. Luckily, No one seemed to be bothered as none of George and Sapnap's door opened.