Chapter 38

Third Person POV

" I don't get it. " Wilbur slowly slid his face down to the palm of his hands before stopping with his fingers brushed in between his hair. He was most definitely exhausted, but the shocking news he was informed of shocked him to the point that his mind went blank. Everything started failing to process the words inside his head.

" It's like she completely forgot about us, Wilbur! " Tommy exclaimed, stressed out because of the current situation. Between him and Wilbur, he was the one that encountered Samantha, and it wasn't as pleasant as he thought.

Technoblade had his arms crossed while leaning on his horse behind him, silently standing still while deep in thought. After the Skirmish Battle between Tommyinnit and Sapnap, Techno enforced their side to retreat after Pogtopia's first Victory. To their luck, Tommy was able to grab Sapnap and his comrade's belongings, in which gradually helped on with their lack of defence. Niki had also been safely sent back to Tubbo and Fundy, but the problems didn't stop there.

In this time, Samantha, one of thr trusted member of L'manburg was now working under Schlatt's order, the deceiving dictator of Manburg. Wilbur was devastated by the sudden news, he didn't expect such things coming from the girl he once raised.

" There can only be one logical explanation, " Techno spoke up, receiving everyone's attention. He cleared his throat and raised his chin. " If she really is the same Samantha you all know, she could possibly be doing this to help you, Wilbur. "

Wilbur raised his head slightly, listening carefully to Techno's words. He was right, it was the only explanation to Samantha's sudden change. He knew too well of her mind, she grew right in front of him after all these years, she'd never betray her own nation. From this Information, Tommy and Wilbur's hope was back, a smile appearing on their faces as they show a bit of celebration.

" She's not. " Someone interrupted, bringing back the once gloomy air surrounding the land full of sunshine.

Techno averted his eyes, landing on to the man who was seated on a hill, staring blankly on to his axe. Wilbur and Tommy had also moved their head, staring at him confused. Dream lets out a heavy sigh and raised his arm to impale the blade of his axe through the ground, along with the wind's whistle seeking through the woods before leaving in a silent sigh.

" She's not Samantha. " Dream stated rather angrily, Wilbur noticed this instantly.

" What do you mean? " He asked and slowly made his way towards Dream. However, Dream didn't let him anymore closer and raised his arm to stop Wilbur. Still confused, Wilbur looked down and stared at his hand.

" Can't you get it? " Dream gritted his teeth. " She's with Schlatt. "

" No, Sam will never forget about us. She would never abandon Tubbo, us and our home. She would never..do such a thing. " Tommy untangled his arms and balled his hands in to a fist, staring directly in to Dream as he said every word.

Dream looked at him, a laugh emitting from behind the mask. He started laughing and placed a hand on his mask as he looked down, continuing to laugh. Technoblade straightened his back and narrowed his eyes down to Dream, finding his actions rather odd and suspicious. Dream pulled his head back and looked up at the blue sky, the straps of his mask peaking through his hood. His laughter died out quickly, like a wave that splashed down to the ground before disappearing back to the ocean.

He laid his leg down on the grass while the other was pulled up. His hands grazed the material of his mask and slowly grabbed it away, revealing his face that looked up at the sky. He soon dropped his arm and leaned it down to his knee.