Chapter 25

Third Person POV

From the current grounds of L'manburg, which was once ruined by the past explosion, is now fully rebuilt with a standing stage high up from the ground where the ceremony will be held. Colorful streamers had already been hung up along with chairs for the crowd to watch and a few more decorations to lighten up the bland L'manburg, a nation who has yet to have a leader.

But from below the stage, stood the very own Wilbur Soot and his trustable ally, Tubbo. Both with a heavy heart as their eyes roamed the beautiful yet haunting sight of decorations. Although it was yet to begin, Wilbur worried for the worst. He had already been scarred by the cruciating pain that the War has brought him, enough for Wilbur to slowly lose his hope on the Independence he was fighting for.

" Will! " Both, Wilbur and Tubbo, turned their heads in surprise at the sudden sound. Where a kind feminine figure had her arms wrapped around a fragile blonde, slowly making their way towards them. Tubbo gasped and stumbled his way to catch Tommy.

" Niki, Tommy. " Wilbur said and walked up towards the two. Niki gave him a kind smile and both looked at Tommy.

Surprisingly, Tommy had already recovered enough to go back to his usual self. It was only his friends that worried to much for his health that kept pushing him back in to bed. Tommy lightly pushed Tubbo away from him with a tired groan. As he had already grew annoyance of them worrying too much about him. Tubbo looked at him in surprise but Tommy fought back and took in a deep breath.

" Where is she? " He asked, his voice hoarsed and low.

Tubbo bit the end of his lip and hung his head low. He had remembered the time she came back in the walls after finally escaping Dream. His heart clenched painfully at the sorrow he felt for Tommy, knowing he had missed the rare opportunity to finally be reunited all together.

" Wilbur, where is Sam? " Tommy asked once again. He wanted to remain clueless and repeatedly asked for their closest friend, but one look at Wilbur, he felt his heart drop along with the sweatdrops that started to form around his forehead.

" Tubbo, why...what...? " His shoulders dropped and his face turned pale, Niki was quick to jump in and supported Tommy with her small hands.

" She escaped that night, but... "

Niki worriedly watched the three men with a sorrowful face. Even though she knew nothing of the girl they spoke most of these days, she felt pity towards Samantha and everyone else.

" Tommy, Wilbur did this for the both of you. " Niki closed her eyes shut and hugged Tommy from behind when she felt him stumble at the sudden shock.

" What the hell, Wilbur!? You- " Tommy stopped himself when he felt a slight clenching in his throat. He placed a hand on his neck and gritted his teeth before turning around to walk away. Niki was forcefully pushed away but was quickly caught by Wilbur, she presented a thankful smile and followed behind Tommy before he gets himself in to trouble.

" I miss her, Will. " Tubbo whispered.

" I do too, " Wilbur whispered and blinked away his tears. " But I had to protect both of them. I can't bare to lose anyone, not now not ever. "

The man, Tubbo once looked up to who he sees as the strongest person in the world, is now beside him slowly breaking down with his head stuck to the ground. He could see the regret in his teary eyes, Tubbo realized Wilbur didn't want to let her go but it was the last choice he had. Tommy was in a severe state, Eret had betrayed them and all that's left is Wilbur, him and Fundy who was left in many wounds. If Wilbur decided to hide Samantha, it'll only bring all of them to their demise.