Chapter 30

After the Presidential Election, L'manburg saw a huge shift in power, and was rebranded to Manburg under the new leadership of Jschlatt. The Power shift in L'manburg sparked a rebellion, hence forming many plots to overthrow Schlatt. But despite the entirety of people turning their backs against Schlatt, he remained calm. Schlatt knew too well that someday, everyone would be against them and that, he prepared for.

Currently within the deepest ocean of trees, a doorway towards the tunnel was kept well-hidden inside the mountains that led down to a ravine. This, where Tommy and Wilbur resided after fleeing from the brutality of the newly found leader. Each day that passed, formed even more plans to hopefully reclaim what was their's, but the more it took longer, the greater someone suffered behind the shadows.

Downward hundreds of feet, constant sounds of cracking rocks echoed around the stone walls as a young blonde worked his way to expand the place. He had promised to take care of this to make the place suitable for living, rather than being cramped up in a small space. Sweat dripped all over his body, soaking most of his clothing as he continued.

" Tommy, "

His arms stopped to rest for a while as his eyes trailed upward to the upper floor. Wilbur stood at the very top and was slowly coming down towards Tommy.

" What are you doing at this hour? Don't you know how late it is? " Wilbur asked worriedly and gave the teen a soft clothe to wipe the sweat all over his face. Tommy accepted this and dropped his pickaxe by the side.

" Don't worry about me, Will. " Tommy laughed as he continued to wipe his face and hair. " I'm just decorating the place. "

Wilbur sighed with a faint laugh. " You better don't use my stuff again, or I'll personally slit your throat, Tommy. Mark my fucking words. "

Tommy laughed out loud, his usual loud laugh that never failed to make everyone laugh alongside him. He had remembered using a few ingots of Wilbur to create decorations for the place, and it was sad to say that Wilbur was infuriated. Unfortunately for the english child, he was now banned from accessing Wilbur's items.

" Yeah right. " Tommy snickered.

As they both laughed along together, making jokes about recent events. They soon found themself in silence as their feet dangled from the edge of a small, makeshift bridge where they took the time to relax and look down at the progress they've made inside their bunker.

Wilbur's POV

We rest, cocooned in the body of earth, feeling the rock beneath our bodies. For the past days I've been stuck with darkness, I was always cold and alone. But tonight, was different. I feel my blood return to a comfortable warmth, my eyes as calm as they are in my nightly dreams. Water runs ever so cooly from the cave opening down fissures, feeding springs in other places. And in those moments without the noise or disctractions of the world, in that pristine peace, I was never alone. Whatever waits out there, whatever we face, I knew I still had someone.

I smiled softly to myself and turned to Tommy, his face held a relaxing aura as he continued his humming. My lips opened to call out his name and grab his attention, but a sound from above made as jolt to our surprise. Tommy's eyes widened as he turned his head to me, exchanging looks of fear. Letting my instinct get to me, I first stood up and swiftly made my way upward without hesitation. Whispers errupted from behind me as Tommy tried to hush me down.

Once reaching the top entrance, we were met with our wooden door. We've barricaded the whole entrance with grass and vines, it's almost impossible for just a passerby to see it. I took a deep breath in before slowly walking towards the door.