Chapter 17

Eventually, Dream helped Samantha back to her feet and wrapped his arm around her waist to lead the brunette towards the bed. She softly fell down the silk fabric and never said a word afterward. Dream watched her sit in complete silence while clutching tightly on to the edge of the bed where she sat. His brows slowly furrowing as he noticed red stain all over the sheets, only to realize it was from her wounds.

As fast as he could, Dream walked around the room opening every drawers and chests he could find. Until he stumbled across a first aid kit beneath the bed. He quickly picked it up and crouched down while preparing every eqquipments he needed. When Samantha slowly looked up, her brown eyes still teary.

" What are you doing? " She asked with a deep growl, a hint of despise lacing the end of her tongue as she spat it like poison towards him.

" Your hands are a bloody mess, we need to- "

" If you think this will make me forgive you, it's much likely for you to die. " Samantha stated with her eyes drilling holes in to his body, making his heart ache at the sight of her eyes that had No more tears running down due to crying for too long.

Dream stared at Samantha for a second, as he took the time to feel his heart stop beating at the words that came out of her mouth. The words meant nothing but the sight of her bloodshot eyes, the screams and the hatred that emitted from her made his heart clench. His mind went back to the time she helped him at the forest, a small action that he couldn't help but look back at every time. And everytime he did, the memory of her reaction towards the arrow that he shot himself towards her family came back, again and again.

He dropped the bandages and looked down at the floor, both him and the female stayed silent. Dream suddenly cleared his throat and brought out an ointment for minor wounds before gently grabbing her wrist. Samantha jumped in surprise and immediately trashed her arms around, trying to free herself while Dream applied the soft liquid gently on to her knuckles.

" Let go of me! "

Samantha screamed and did everything she could to free herself from Dream's hold. Even screaming threats and curse towards him but he remained deaf towards the noises, focusing only on to the task. In which Samantha deeply despised this as she thought Dream was trying to get to her side, making him look pityful to eventually use it against herself.

" Stay still. " He mumbled lowly.

She scoffed out a respone with a blunt look painted to her face. Once he was finished applying the ointment, Samantha quickly ripped her hands away from him.

" Get away from me, leave. " She looked down with the most emptied facial expression Dream had seen.

" You need the bandages. " He stood up from the ground with the bandages in his hand. But never did the woman respond and completely treated him as if he was nothing but thin air. Samantha tried to pull on his patience but Dream kept himself calm and placed the kit beside her, hoping she'd treat herself before leaving the door with a loud shut of the large wood.

Once he was out, Dream felt so drained he was slumped back as he walked outside of the house. George was outside, fixing their armoury and was quick to catch on to Dream's unusual acts. He quickly dropped the armors by the side and walked up to the blonde man who heavily sighed with crossed arms while looking at the distance.

" What's wrong? " George asked his friend, gently nudging his arm while he scoots his way beside Dream.

Dream takes in a deep breath before holding the mask with one hand while the other untied the string that held the mask to his face. George patiently waited until Dream had fully removed the mask. His long eyelashes and pointed nose was finally seen as George was a bit distracted for a second, since it wasn't often for Dream to remove his mask.

" Geez, you look so tired! Have you been sleeping for the past few days? " George asked with a frown as he stepped in front of Dream and cringed at his pale face.

" Barely. " He truthfully answered. " I've been having troubles. "

" Why? " George asked again. This time, with a wild guess inside his head.

Dream placed the mask on top of a makeshift table before sighing as he dropped his head backward with his eyelids closed shut and his arms crossed.

" Forget it, it's not that important anyway. " Dream mumbled.

" Is it because of Samantha? " George suddenly pulled it out of the blue.

" What? " Dream straightened his posture and frowned, visibly pissed off at George's sudden statement. George raised both his eyebrows, staring in to his emerald eyes with his own chesnut ones. He lets in a deep breath before turning around, going back to fixing their armors.

" George, what do you mean? "

" I don't know, how about you answer it yourself? " He nonchalantly responded.

" Where are you going with this? " Dream asked once again.

George turned around, silent for a second when his eyes caught Sapnap running closer to the both of them. He adjusted his white rimmed glasses before turning around, just in time for Sapnap to grab the chance of annoying Dream.

Dream had No choice but to come along with Sapnap as he was dragged away from George, in which George responded with a wave of a hand, somewhat mocking him as they disappeared within the top of the hills. He then took a deep breath and went back to his main task, that was yet to be finished.

___

Samantha's POV

During the afternoon, I've taken notice that Dream and the others are camping the exit towards the house. I believe they were all going to sleep there as well, so I devised a plan by myself. Sapnap had once let me out the room to lead me towards the bathroom and I noticed a back door beside it, it lead towards an open field. It was clear that escaping in the open wasn't as safe but it was a choice of staying or escape.

Once it turned Night time, everything went quiet with only their low voices by the front were heard along with sounds inside the forest from afar. I stood up steadily from the bed and slowly held the doorknob in my hands, with closed eyes I quickly opened the door to create not to much of a noise. I quickly opened my eyes and glanced at the front door, George stood in front of it while arguing with Sapnap.

I took in a deep breath after closing the door behind me, in which created a small creak. I quickly crouched down and ran towards the other side of the small house. In the exact time, George stopped talking and I heard the front door open. I bit my upped lip as I worried he might've caught me. Slow footsteps suddenly echoed the quiet house, my heart started beating rapidly.

" You gonna cry in your room, Gogy? Aw, is gogy-wogy sad~ " Sapnap's mocking voice errupted making George stop as he turned around and yelled back at him.

I sighed in relief once George was finally out of the house. I quickly took in a deep breath and ran towards the back door. I hurriedly opened it and managed to slip pass the door without having to open it wide, I laughed to myself as I started running out the field. The wind harshly blew pass me as I started picking up my pace along with the sound of howling from the distance.

I smiled to myself and never once did I turn back, as the only thing I thought of was to come back to Tommy and the others.