Chapter 14 - Changes

** Trigger Warning: Panic Attack ** ** are the start and end of the TW

**"What the fuck is wrong with me!" Dream yelled at no one but himself. He was angry to say the least. Both of his friends, his best friends just left him.

He thought he was doing what was best, he knew George wouldn't like it but he didn't know he would hate him for it, he used to complain about being king and said that it was hard but he didn't know he wanted to be king. 

Dream was just doing this so George wouldn't get attacked.

After Sapnap and George left he didn't know what to do, Quackity tried talking to him but he didn't want to hear it and ran to the castle. Although George wasn't king he was still one of the knights and therefore had a room there. He ran up to his room, then his bathroom and locked the door

"This isn't happening. This isn't fucking happening!" He started hyperventilating. "How could I be so stupid?" He questioned before breaking down into tears falling onto the floor.

Dream didn't know what to do, he felt lost, he thought he was doing the right thing. He knew that George was stressed about being King, although he didn't tell him that much he didn't have to, he wasn't acting normal and over analysing everything George did, didn't help.

He did this to save George from all the attacks, to save him from the stress so he could just have fun again. He thought this is what George wanted.

He lost his best friend, George didn't want to see him, he hurt him. He wanted to scream, to yell, to curse at the world for being the way it is but he just cried and sobbed. He didn't know what to do with himself and curled up into a ball with his knees up to his chest and arms around them.

One sentence kept running through his mind even if he didn't want to, even if he tried so hard to not let it. "Dream... just tell me you hate me." That hurt, he felt his heart breaking every time it repeated in the back of his mind. A little crack, a chip of his heart getting broken.

Just tell me you hate me.

Tell me you hate me.

You hate me.

Hate me.

Dream was trying so hard to pull himself together but he couldn't, he can't. He lost his best friend while trying to protect him. He thought he hated him.

"Can we go back?" He asked into the air through sobs. "Can he just come back?"

He sat there crying until 3 am and fell asleep in tears, his last thoughts before he fell asleep were 'I didn't mean to hurt you love. I never meant for this to happen. I never meant for you to hate me. I was trying to protect you'. **

~~~

When George got to Sapnap's he started crying, he was in so much pain, physically, mentally and emotionally. He wanted to scream, to fight, to do anything about it but he couldn't, it was all gone. George's tears were silent and calm, but they didn't go unnoticed.

"Hey, come here." Sapnap said in the quietest voice Geogre ever heard come out of him. They hugged and stood there until George's cries slowed down.

"Thank you Sap." George said with a dry chuckle.

"No problem little man." Sapnap joked.

"Am not!" George defended and gave Sapnap a soft punch on his arm which made both of the boys laugh. He was glad ton have a friend like him.

"That's the George I know." Sapnap smiled, happy to see his friend back.

"Yeah." George said under his breath, he still wasn't back but he was glad that Sapnap was here, he always jokes around, even in tough situations.