Chapter 19 - Kiss

A/N: Before you start this chapter I'd suggest you listen or at least know the song Jenny by Studio Killers cause the song has an influence on this chapter and you would be kind of lost if you don't know it.

"Wait what?" Dream asks, confused.

George chuckles with a blush covering his face. He looks over at Dream, his face also appearing darker across his cheeks. He had a confused look on his face that George found adorable. Dream looked up at him.

"Me?"

"Yes you you idiot." George only laughs again before he asks his own question bashfully. "Can I.. can I kiss you?" The tips of his ears started glowing red.

Dream looks at him in less of a confused face and more of a shocked one. He nodded.

George scoots closer to him and leans forward, Dream does the same. Their eyes closed in unison when the gap became smaller in between their faces, both entering a world of bliss and warmth when the space was gone.
The kiss didn't last long but in the moment it felt like it went in slow motion. When the gap resurfaced they both opened their eyes to find the other with a big corny grin plastered on each other's faces, both redder than they have ever been before.

The euphoria stayed for a minute while they both resurfaced to the real world, Dream speaking first.

"I- you- that-" He was tripping over his words again not knowing what question to ask first, this made George giggle. "Did you know that I," He hesitated, "That I like you?"

George grinned and looked down at his hands, blushing. "Well, not necessarily. Over the last week I kind of figured it out because you were keeping who you liked away from me and you tell me like everything, but before that I didn't know."

Dream nodded. "You like me?" He was trying to confirm that it actually happened and it wasn't a figment of his imagination.

"Yeah.." Admitted it out loud made him shy away for a moment.

"I, so that just happened, you just kissed me?" Asking with pure joy written across his face.

George giggled. "Yeah, yeah I did." He was proud of himself for that one, for being the one to make the first move.

"I, wow." Dream was at a loss for words, he just figured out that his best friend, his crush, the guy he liked, liked him back. Trying to grasp that concept was hard for him.

"Are you okay? You look like you're short circuiting." George asked, half joking half concerned.

"I, yeah. This is just.. A lot. I mean, I've liked you for like a month and I always thought that you would never like me back and I never thought that it would even be a possibility." Dream admits.

"Well, it is a possibility and, I do like you back." George states.

"I, wow." Dream says again, blown away by this.

"Dream, I think you need some sleep, I've never seen you this speechless before."

"Yeah I think that is best." Dream agrees laughing. He knew he needed a minute to think and sleep but he didn't want to leave the moment felt too right. He knew it was best though.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" George asks as Dream gets up out of his chair.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Dream conformed.

"Okay, well talk to you then." George stood up awkwardly. He didn't know what the proper goodbye would be now that they just kissed and confessed they liked each other, they didn't solidify anything.