When I Wake Up ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Start from the beginning

A huge smile spreads across her face and she quickly assaults me with a hug.

Oh, god, get it off.

Shikamaru chuckles silently as he clearly sees my face of discomfort while I'm trapped in her embrace.

She pulls back from me releasing me out of that damn vice grip.

"I knew we could be friends!"

I nearly choke at her statement and all I can do is nod my head.

Great.

I finally realize that a blonde has joined us, standing awfully close to Shikamaru.

I recognize her as Temari, the girl from the market. And I smile at her.

She gives me a tiny one back but I notice she wraps her hand around Shikamaru's arm possessively.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

I'll have to make sure I help her feel comfortable around me if I'm going to continue being friends with Shika.

Sakura hands the extra cup to Temari and she takes a long sip from it.

"Do you want some Ari?" Sakura holds her cup out to me.

"No, thank you, but I'm not drinking tonight."

She looks at me a bit surprised that I'm sticking to it.

"I'm going it sober tonight." I add in response to her shock.

"Okay, cool!" She smiles back at me.

"Hey, guys!" Oh, no.

"Akari! You're here!"

I turn around to see Naruto shoving through all the people with a bored looking Sasuke following close behind him.

Sakura leans in to me and quietly asks me how she looks.

"You look great Sakura."

She readjusts her dress and smooths down her bright hair.

Naruto and Sasuke finally find us in our corner of the kitchen and I notice that Naruto is holding a cup full of liquid.

"Oh, God Naruto. Who the fuck gave you alcohol?" I say in horror.

Everyone laughs.

"For your information Ari, I happen to be the best at holding my liquor." He stands before us in a triumphant pose and chugs his drink.

"Here we go." I hear Sasuke mumble and it makes me crack up with laughter.

Naruto burps loudly as he flips over his cup to show everyone that he's finished it.

"So we're going to have to take care of Naruto tonight. What a drag." Shikamaru says rolling his eyes.

"Ari, you're not drinking?" Sasuke asks next to me, standing in Sakura's personal bubble.

"Am I that much of a drinker that you all find it hard to believe I'm staying sober tonight?" I say with a tinge of annoyance in my voice.

"Yes." My teammates and Shikamaru respond in unison and all bust out laughing.

I feel myself blush but I know they're not wrong.

Everyone knows I used to party so hard that I even ended up sick in the hospital. Luckily, no one brings it up.

"Well I guess I'll be the only sober one tonight."

"Good luck having fun." Naruto says as he looks into his empty cup.