1:13 A.M. (Kakashi's POV)

My phone starts to buzz in my back pocket. I down my 5th shot and I grab my phone to see who's calling.

*Incoming Call From Akari*

It's 1:13 am, why is she calling me so late? I panic a little and answer the phone.

"Ari? Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry Kakashi. Are you busy?"

Her voice sounds soft but it's full of sadness.

I take out my wallet and leave money on the counter to cover my tab.

"No, do you need me?"

I get up but I feel all the alcohol I drank rush to my head and have to steady myself for a moment.

"Yes. I do. I need you."

Her voice sounds like she has been crying.

I'll fucking kill Shikamaru.

I look around to see if I could spot Iruka in the crowded bar to let him know I was leaving but I didn't see him anywhere.

"I'm on my way, Ari, okay?"

I start the 10 minute walk to her apartment.

"Thank you Kakashi."

The misery in her voice makes my chest hurt.

"I'll see you in a few."

I hang up and pick up my pace.

_____

When I get to her apartment I use my key to get in.

"Ari?" I walk in looking for her but she isn't out in the living room or kitchen.

I walk towards her bedroom and see her door open with glass all over the ground. Blood had stained the mirror and the rug under the mirror.

Panic takes over my body as I immediately go into defense mode.

"Akari!" I yell out to her a little louder.

I follow the trail of blood that goes through her bedroom and out to her balcony.

I see her sitting on the ground out there looking out over the lake with a bottle of alcohol in her hand.

Relief floods over my body when I see that she's safe. I walk over to the balcony and I sit down next to her. Nearly losing my balance from my buzz.

I look over at her and see her hand all bloodied and her face is lightly stained with mascara streaks.

She's in sweatpants and a sports bra with a sweater pulled over her. Her hair is pulled up in a high ponytail. I study her face for a moment.

I take in her swollen pink lips, the flush on her cheeks from the alcohol she's been consuming, her long eye lashes that are a bit matted from the tears mixing with her mascara.

Despite her looking like she has had a rough night, at this moment with the moonlight reflecting off of the water, she is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

She looks at me and I give her a sympathetic smile.

She tries to smile back but her bottom lip starts to quiver.

Seeing her this way makes me want to rip my own heart out and replace her broken one with mine.

"Okay, come here." I reach out to her and pull her in between my legs. She rests her back against my chest and I use my sleeve to wipe the tears from her face.