Future

"Let's go!" Kakashi yells excitedly from the kitchen.

"We're gonna be late."

I struggle to button my jeans as they push in on my tummy uncomfortably. I think I may have just grown out of them.

Sighing loudly, I push them back down my legs, wincing at how sore I am from last nights activities.

Kakashi walks into the bedroom and stares at my bare legs.

"As much as I love to see you strip, you're supposed to be putting on your clothes, not taking them off." He leans his elbow up against the dresser while he chuckles to himself.

"My jeans aren't fitting anymore. They literally just fit last week."

Searching through my drawers, I pick out a plain black pair of yoga pants. At least I'll be comfortable in these.

"I guess this will have to do." I ignore the soreness in my core and thighs as I tug them up on my body and walk towards the mirror in the corner of the room.

I stare at my reflection and strip off my tank top, huffing loudly.

"Ugh, baby. Come on." Kakashi whines, putting his head down against the wood of our dresser.

"I need my confirmation."

I giggle and walk back over to the dresser, pulling out a white tshirt.

"Confirmation of what?" I ask him as I pull the shirt over my head.

"Confirmation that you're growing my daughter in there." He points at my belly.

"You're going to be so disappointed when it's a boy." I tease him.

I pull my hair back into a bun and pat his cheek gently, walking past him and out into the living room.

"I won't be disappointed at all. Because if it's a boy, I'll teach him lots of manly stuff and to terrorize his mommy."

Throwing my purse over my shoulder, I turn around and shoot him a dirty look as he places his mask over his nose to hide his mischievous grin.

"Great." I mutter under my breath. "Really looking forward to that."

My phone vibrates in my hand and I look at the screen to see Shizune's name.

My stomach drops slightly knowing what this will be about. I've been waiting for this text since I got out of the hospital.

Shizune:
Akari, Lady Tsunade would like to see you today around 3. Can you make it?

"Fuck." I whine loudly, handing my phone over to Kakashi.

He reads the text quickly and chuckles, passing it back to me.

I send a short 'yes' and put my phone into my purse.

"You knew this was coming. She's had a lot of time to cool down though. She may not be that mad."

I sigh as I open the front door of our apartment.

"Well, I guess I have it coming."