Leave it to Iruka

I get back to my apartment and put all the groceries away before jumping in the shower.

Once I'm all clean I change into a tshirt and yoga shorts.

I throw my long hair into a high bun on my head and collect all the cleaning supplies I'll need to scrub the carpet of my blood.

It takes me about half an hour to get the stains out but when I'm done, the rug looks brand new.

I decide to keep cleaning to take out some of the pent up anger I have in me from the night before, and head into the kitchen to start there.

About half way through scrubbing my kitchen counters I hear my phone buzz.

I walk over to see Asuma sent a message in the group chat with Kakashi, Iruka, himself and I.

Asuma:
Hey guys, everyone still want to head to the beach?

Iruka:
Hell yea

Me:
Sorry, can't. Feeling sick. Talk to u guys later.

I decide to silence my phone since I don't even want to see if Kakashi responds.

I put my headphones in and allow my head to become empty and lost in my cleaning.

The hours fly by.

I'm in the laundry room listening to my music and folding laundry, my least favorite chore.

I put all my folded clothes into a basket and head to my bedroom to put everything away.

I walk into my living room and see that the kitchen light is on and I know I didn't-

"Hey Ari."

I let out a loud scream, dropping the laundry basket onto the ground sending my clean clothes flying everywhere.

I pull my headphones out of my ears.

Iruka.

I put my hand on my chest trying to slow my heart that's about to explode.

"Holy shit, Iruka. You scared the hell out of me. I'm dead serious about to confiscate everyone's keys!"

He laughs as he walks over and helps me pick up all my clothes off of the floor.

"What are you doing here?" I try not to sound bothered since he technically didn't mean to scare me on purpose.

We stand up and he takes the basket from my hands helping me carry the load.

"You said you were sick and then I tried calling you and your phone went straight to voice mail..." he trails off, his eyes lingering on my neck.

My hand flies up in an attempt to cover up some of the angry marks on my skin and I see his eyes switch to the wrap on my hand.

"Akari, what happened?"

He takes the laundry basket and places it on my coffee table, grabbing me tenderly by my injured hand and pulling me to the couch.