I Would Do Anything

We walk into the crowded bar and within an instant, I wish I was back at home with Kakashi.

I could still leave now and head to the bar that he's at with Guy, Asuma and the others.

I look over at Sakura who's eyes are already gleaming with delight.

Ugh, I guess I'll stay. This will be fun. Maybe if I keep telling myself that, it'll come true.

We find a table towards the back of the bar. The smell of liquor and cigarettes fills the air and honestly it makes my stomach feel a bit queasy.

Ino wastes no time in looking around for the cutest guy she can spot in order to get the poor sucker to buy her a drink.

"I'll get us some drinks! What do you guys want?" Sakura yells over the loud music and people socializing.

"I'll take a rum and coke." Temari says.

"Um, I guess I will take that too. Thank you Sakura." Hinata timidly says. That's gotta be the loudest I've ever heard her speak before.

Sakura turns to me waiting for my drink order. I still feel like I'm going to be sick.

"Could you just get me a water for now?" I ask her.

"You're not going to drink?" Sakura says, clearly disappointed.

"Maybe in a little bit. I'm not really feeling it right now." I explain.

Sakura huffs and I watch as she disappears into the crowd of people towards the bar.

_________

Several rounds later, when all the other girls are on their fourth or fifth drink, I'm on my second glass of water.

I watch as poor Hinata is being forced to wiggle uncomfortably on the dance floor with Temari.

I can't help but giggle at how out of place she looks. I should really go rescue her.

I look around the bar and spot Ino drinking with some random guy in a corner. Looks like she found someone to cling onto for the night. It's rather amusing.

From the corner of my eye I see a flash of bright pink. I turn to see Sakura, drunk and nearly falling over, talking to some guys at a table a few feet over.

Unfortunately, the men look anything but impressed with the way she sloppily leans on their table, accidentally spilling one of their beers.

"Okay, not good." I mumble and get up from the stool I'm sitting on to walk over and wrangle in my drunk friend.

"Hey Sakura. You okay?"

I put my hands on her waist, helping her stand up from the table she was harassing.

"Your friend is fucking annoying." One of the guys says to me as I try to lead her away from them.

"Fuck you." I snap back at him making him scoff as his face turns bright red.

Sure, she's annoying. But he's not going to disrespect her like that in front of me.

"Come on Sakura, let's go back to our table."

"M'kay. Bye-bye losers." She slurs, spitting her tongue out at them before I turn her around and nearly drag her back to our table.

I see Temari and Hinata sitting back down waiting for us as I help Sakura onto the bar stool making sure she's steady.

"You-you're no fun tonight Akar-Ari." She lets out a loud hiccup as she struggles to stay in her seat.

I chuckle a little, not letting her get to me.