Yours 🍋🍋🍋

I wake up to my phone buzzing on the coffee table.

Fuck, I must've fallen asleep on the couch last night. I raise my head to see that a blanket was placed on me while I was asleep.

My sweet Kakashi.

I remember our conversation from the night before and my stomach turns, making me feel ill.

I shouldn't have fallen asleep on the couch. I hope I didn't upset him further.

I reach out and grab my phone seeing a message from Lady Tsunade's assistant, Shizune.

Shizune:
Akari, please be at Lady Tsunade's office at 9 am for a new mission assignment.

The familiar anxiety and excitement of having a new mission creeps over my body. I haven't had one for a while.

I see that it's 7:45 in the morning and I throw the blanket off of me, jumping to my feet.

Shit. I still have to shower. I head into the bedroom and pull out some black spandex leggings, a black crop top and my ninja vest.

I try to be as quiet as I can but I still hear Kakashi stir in bed behind me.

"Can I come with you on your run?" He grumbles sleepily.

I turn to face him, holding the clothes in my hand.

"Im not going for a run. I have to report to Lady Tsunade's. I've been assigned a mission."

He sits up in bed, the comforter bunching up at his waist, exposing his bare muscles.

I could look at him forever.

"You have?" He asks. I see him trying to shake off the sleepiness.

I walk over and run my hand through his wild bed head. He puts his arms around my waist, pulling me in to him and leaning his head on my chest.

"I love you. I shouldn't have reacted that way last night." He says. "Please don't sleep on the couch ever again."

I kiss the top of his head. I know his apology is for the way he reacted and nothing has changed when it comes to the matter we had disagreed on.

But that doesn't matter right now. Not while I'm wrapped in his arms, melting at his loving touch.

I use my fingers to sweep the hair out of his eyes. "I love you too. I'm sorry I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't mean to."

He drops his arms from my body and smiles at me.

"Let me know if you want to meet for lunch after you get your assignment." He offers.

I nod my head and give him a quick kiss before rushing to get ready on time.

_______

I follow Shizune through the halls of the administration building as she leads me to the Hokage's office.

I'm not particularly fond of this building.

One of my most prominent memories was being carried through this building in Iruka's arms when I was just a child. Kurenai had gone with some officials into a room for a long time while I sat outside in a waiting area with Iruka. He distracted me with patty cake while we waited since I was nervous to be there.

Iruka scooped me up into his arms when Kurenai came back out of the room, sobbing.

At the time, I had no idea why my sister was crying. I was too young to understand that our parents had been killed in the line of duty. But when I saw Kurenai upset, I cried too.