Chapter 20 Christmas vs Hanukkah

"What's up with the candle?" Micheal questioned.

'It's a Menorah' I wrote.

"A what?" Micheal asked.

'It's a candle that we light to celebrate Hanukkah' I wrote.

"Okay? Isn't that a Jewish holiday?" Micheal questioned.

'I'm Jewish dumbass' I wrote.

"So you don't celebrate Christmas?" Micheal asked.

'We used too but then when dad brought out a nativity scene, we quit. mom was pissed' I wrote.

"Why not celebrate the Hanukkah days and then do Christmas?" Micheal questioned.

'Do what you want, but if you try to make me do anything about Jesus you can live in the yard' I wrote.

"Don't worry, I don't believe in god it's just the holiday. It celebrates Santa more than it does Jesus" Micheal waved.

'I guess without someone to celebrate with you haven't done it in a long time' I wrote.

"Yeah... you could say that, I used to celebrate with the animatronics since they are kids. But when they tried to kill me two years ago I quit trying" Micheal laughed.

'I guess we could try to celebrate Christmas then but I'm still going to celebrate Hanukkah' I wrote.

"Can I decorate your house?" Micheal asked.

'If you get seen, it's not my fault. But I don't have Christmas decorations' I wrote.

"It doesn't have to be Christmas themed just winter themed" Micheal smiled, he then pulled decorations out of nowhere and decorated the house.

'Why did you put up mistletoe?' I wrote.

"Because back in the old days they were used to ward off demons and witches!" Micheal chuckled.

'You're ridiculous' I wrote.

"Hopefully it'll keep my dad away too" Micheal laughed.

'You're too much' I wrote, I looked at the fire place and there were stockings hanging. He put one up for Jett and Alex too.

"What? Oh that, I thought it would be a nice touch" Micheal nodded, I grabbed Jetts stocking and thre it in the fire.

"Hey! Why did you do that?" Micheal yelled, quickly getting the stocking out.

'I said I would celebrate with you, not with my dead brother' I wrote, walking outside it looked cloudy like it might rain. I decided that it would be a nice time for a walk I ended up at the neighborhood park. Jett couldn't play here because we didn't have the time. He liked playing video games more...

Christmas 1992, when they still celebrated Christmas.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Look! Mom got me a game boy!" Jett smiled.

'So what? It's not that special' I wrote.

"Did you want to play?" Jett asked, I rolled my eyes and grabbed it. I quickly beat the level and handed it back to him.

"How did you do that?" Jett asked.

'Wouldn't you like to know' I wrote.

"How about you two go out and play in the snow before it snows too much" Mom suggested. I shrugged then grabbed my coat and gloves and Jett followed me. I walked out to our shed and sat on the steps. Jett sat next to me and talked about his new game, I got tired of him and shoved snow into his face.

"Cold, cold, cold!" Jett repeated, standing up he fell backwards into the shed and I locked the door. I planned to let him out after dinner.

"Is Jett still playing outside? It's a blizzard out there!" Mom spoke, she was in the middle of sending me to bed.

'I'll get him to bed, you just go to sleep' I wrote.

"Thank you (y/n)" Mom smiled, she went to her bedroom and went to sleep. I ran downstairs and attempted to open the shed but it was frozen shut. I looked around for the shovel, axe, anything. I saw an handle and grabbed it. A rake? The hell can you do with a rake? I digged through the snow, and I cut my finger on something. It was the axe. I raised the axe and hit it on the door, until the door finally budged. Jett was on the ground unconscious. I picked him up and rushed him into the house, I started the fire in the fireplace and grabbed him a blanket. I kept him close the the fire, I was so scared that he wasn't going to wake back up. I fell asleep. The next morning Jett was gone, I looked around and he was jumping on the couch.

"(Y/n)! Merry Christmas!" Jett smiled, I got up and hugged him. Mom was going to kill me if he never woke up.

I picked up a rock and threw it. It was snowing. Micheal walked up to me, fully disguised.

"Come on, let's go back you didn't grab a jacket" Micheal spoke. I nodded and we walked back to the house in silence.

"Looks like we might have a white Christmas, haven't seen one of those in a few years" Micheal hummed.

'The sun will come up and the snow will melt' I wrote.

"So pessimistic, so Hanukkah is just until the eighteenth, right?" Micheal asked.

'Yeah' I wrote, We walked into the house and Micheal went over to the candles.

"Going to light these or not?" Micheal asked, I walked over and lit one and used it to light the others.

'It's Jett's birthday' I wrote.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" Micheal asked.

'It's not like we can celebrate it with him' I wrote.

"But still! We could have visited him!" Micheal pouted.

'It doesn't matter now. I'm not comfortable driving in the snow so we'll visit when it's not snowing' I wrote.

"Still the snow makes me want a white Christmas even more!" Micheal pouted.

'I'm going to take a nap' I wrote, I got to the beginning of the hallway before Micheal stopped me. He walked over to me, and moved me over a few steps.

"Oh no! You're underneath the mistletoe!" Micheal gasped.

'You're the one that did this dumbass' I wrote.

"What ever will you do?" Micheal gasped, I rolled my eyes at him and kissed his cheek.

'Now shut the fuck up' I wrote.

Happy after Christmas! And after Hanukkah! So I'm an atheist so I don't celebrate Hanukkah but I do celebrate Christmas but not the Jesus bits. I don't know much about Hanukkah and I at least wanted to put something in about the Weidle but that will just have to wait for the edit. I did some research for Hanukkah but I did it on the school computer so I didn't go too deep on searching. Happy Holidays Reader~Chan/Kun!