Chapter 5 Blood

"Again? It's only been a few hours... What happened this time?" The officer questioned, looking around the room.

'We were getting ready to leave for the protection program but when I came back they were dead and Jett was outside' I wrote, Jett was told not to say anything about Micheal. Jett glanced up at me but then kept his eyes on the police officer.

"Jett? He's your brother- it seems that whoever is doing this is trying to kill you guys, we don't have any spare officers but we'll request some from the government" The Officer spoke, he wrote something down.

'I appreciate it' I wrote, the officer looked back at me and paused before continuing.

"Do you have any friends that you can call?" The officer questioned.

'No, I was homeschooled' I wrote.

"Well... I can't just leave you two alone we'll just call over Alex, I mean it is his department" The Officer suggested, kinda but not really his department.

'Can I send him back once a friend of mine appears?' I wrote. The officer looked even more confused than before, he looked at me with distrust.

"Thought you didn't have any friends you could call" The Officer frowned.

'I don't have his number, and do you really think I call people?' I wrote, his face became a little red out of embarrassment.

"Right, you just don't have anyway of contacting them?" The Officer questioned, he wrote something down and looked at me.

'You're an Officer but you pestering the very citizens you swore to protect?' I wrote, He looked hurt but just chuckled a little bit.

"That's a low blow" The Officer spoke.

'I can land lower blows' I wrote.

"Threatening an officer? That's an offense" The Officer smiled smugly.

'Using your title against citizens because they hurt your feelings? That's rude' I wrote, I walked away and I was told I would get my stuff back after the were investigated, they would mail it to us. But I already paid for the moving truck...

As me and Jett walked out of the building we looked at it one more time and I spotted a purple figure. I walked over to it and left Jett on the sidewalk, as I got closer I recognized the figure and waved Jett over. I tapped on its shoulder and it looked at us.

"(Y/n)? Jeez you scared the shit-take out of me" Micheal corrected himself as he noticed the presence of Jett behind me. Micheal laughed nervously and looked at the road where the police cars were parked.

"Hi Micheal!" Jett smiled, "are you a criminal? (Y/n) said that we couldn't tell the cops about you"

"I'm not a criminal, people would just freak out if they saw a walking corpse. I know I would have if I wasn't like this" Micheal smiled, patting Jett's head.

'Are you stuck here?' I wrote, looking around.

"Yeah, the cops may or may not have noticed a figure over here hiding and you guys aren't helping" Micheal waved, I looked towards the cops in the street as they glanced at us from time to time.

'They were probably going to check over here soon, jump in the back of the moving truck when you get a chance' I wrote.

"(Y/n), what about a change of clothes?" Jett asked. I looked at him and noticed all of the blood on his clothes.

'We still have the storage unit, with our extra stuff. I'm sure you have some clothes there' I wrote, Jett nodded and got into the moving truck. I waved at Micheal and opened the back of the moving truck and he jumped in once the cops were focused on their job. We stopped by the address and let Micheal out, and then drove to the truck company and returned it. I couldn't leave Jett at the house because it would seem like I left him home all alone.