Chapter 25

Team Cosmos Base

"It worked out just like we planned."

"Yeah, a little more than the whole Lumiose would have been a disaster."

Two agents were talking about the incident of rampaging wild pokemons. Apparently, it was their plan in the first place to hyptonise the mons into thinking the city and its people were their enemies. Until of course, Ash stopped them.

"Don't be so happy about it," a cold voice said from behind them as they turned. As soon as Medea entered the room, they gave a salute.

"Yes Ma'am."

She ignored them and proceeded to rewatch the video of the Champion foiling their plan.

She was watching it intently, studying his every move when a voice interrupted.

"Told you, didn’t I," a male adult voice spoke as Medea looked at Damon who just entered the main control room.

She snorted and looked away without saying anything. The agents saluted him. He nodded and looked at the screen.

"Didn't take him much effort to stop an army of wild rampaging pokemons," said Damon thoughtfully. "This guy's no joke."

Medea looked irritated and looked at him.

"You’ve been chanting that nonsense for the last few days. Do you have any plan to deal with him or not?" she said bashfully as Damon smirked.

"Course I do dear," he said making Medea mad. "All we need is a small distraction that will give us enough time to finish our job."

"And what is that?" she said in a singing tone.

"You will see when the time comes. Right now, be prepared. Our units are training non-stop with their pokemons," he said while walking away.

"We will bring them down to their knees."

***

Ash woke up late.........again.

He quickly went to the bathroom to brush and take a shower. He reminisced what happened last night.

After parting from May and checking on Anabel, he had stop some wild pokemon from destroying Route 16. Because of that, his popularity increased even more. The students were pestering him with questions. But he could thank the girls for shooing them away. Speaking of them,
they seemed to have been too much attached to him last night. It was weird, but it felt great too. Ash blushed a bit thinking about them.

After doing his morning chores and grabbing some breakfast from the kitchen, he woke up Pikachu and checked his phone for any call or messages. Surely enough, there was one, and it was from Professor Oak.

Ash frowned a bit and opened it.

"Meet me in my office. It's important."

Ash looked at the time the message was sent, and saw it was one hour ago. He face palmed.

'Just great.'

He quickly grabbed his belongings and stormed off to Oak's office.

He never went to his office before so, he didn’t know where it was. He asked for some directions. It was tough for the directionally challenged boy, but he made it there anyway. Ash knocked on the door.

"Come in."

After getting Oak's permission, Ash entered. It was more of a Laboratory than an office. There were lab facilities and lots of space for some bookshelves too. Luxurious indeed. Ash looked around and spotted the Professor doing some paperworks on his study desk. Ash approached him.