Chapter 15

Ash was escorted to the Pokemon center with the help of security.

He at least got a dozen of challenges on the way from trainers of the academy. The reporters army were escorted to the Auditorium, for a conference meeting with the Champion.

Fortunately for Ash, the center was quite empty. He gave his pokeballs to Nurse Joy and waited with Pikachu.

"Pika chu pikapi," the mouse said.

"I guess I was stupid when I thought if people would still remember me," Ash chuckled while scratching his head.

Pikachu laughed, but the rodent immediately got nervous. Ash noticed this.

"Hey buddy what's wrong?'

"Pikaa chu," the mouse said nervously.

Ash was confused. "What do you mean behind me?" he said as he turned around and almost immediately got engulfed by a group of people.

"ASH!" Two girls yelled as they hugged him crushing his bones.

Ash looked down to see two familiar faces. Max and Bonnie pulled May and Dawn respectively when they noticed Ash was suffocating. They hugged him as well but more gently. Ash breathed heavily as he returned the hug with a smile.

Misty wanted to beat up Ash with her mallet, but seeing Ash's smile melted her heart as she and Brock hugged the raven haired boy as well.

Goh and Kiawe looked serious for a moment, but then broke into grins as they shared a heartful hug.

Iris hugged him too. Happy to see her friend again. But also scolded him about being away was very childish of him. Ash sweatdropped and chuckled at Iris's behaviour.

Lana and Mallow gave him a group hug which he returned. Lillie hugged him and whispered congratulations in his ear. Ash whispered back with a thank you. He shared a polite hand shake with Cilan and gave him a brotherly hug afterwards.

Serena was reluctant at first, but when she hugged him, it felt so warm and good she didn't want to break it. She blushed when his strong muscles grabbed around her returning the hug. However, she was a bit sad when Ash broke the hug to greet Clemont.

Ash was happy. No he was delighted. He never felt so good in a long time as he kept getting hugs, high fives and fist bumps from his old friends.

Pikachu was happy to see them as well. He was close to them just like Ash. Bonnie squeezed Pikachu so hard to the point of getting shocked before Clemont stopped her. Nevertheless everyone looked happy.

"Hey," was all Ash could say while giving his signature smile.

The gang smiled back. May, Dawn and Serena went a bit red from his cute smile.

"Training journey huh?" asked Brock with a slight serious tone.

Ash was slightly taken aback. He really wanted to tell them everything but now wasn't the time.

"Y-yeah," he said, "I feel like I owe you all an apology for not keeping in touch," Ash said looking at the ground.

"Geez, don't worry. We totally understand. After all its your dream to become the strongest trainer right?" Goh said reassuringly.

"Thanks, that means a lot," Ash smiled.

"But remember, you owe us a lot," said Lana witha playful look.

Ash laughed. "Course I do."

"Yo Ash," said a voice from behind.

Ash turned around. "Oh hey Ethan."