Chapter 18

Next morning, Ash got up a little late than usual.

He woke up Pikachu and went to take a shower. Yesterday was really tiring for our Champion, resulting the late morning. He put on a red and white T-shirt, blue jeans and his jacket. Before going out to have breakfast. He took a glance at a picture which was placed beside his bed. It was a family photo of him and his mom. He smiled sadly at the picture.

'Wake up soon mom.'

With that he went outside with Pikachu on his shoulder.

The Academy was lively as usual, with all the students engaged in many activities. He went to the cafe and found it half filled. No one among the gang was there. He thought because he was late, that's the reason.

He took his plate full of food and began to stuff himself, not forgetting to ask for a bottle of ketchup for Pikachu, which the staff found oddly weird. Ash sweatdropped. He couldn't blame them for that.

After finishing, he went to the field. It was full of students as usual. Ash kept walking and glancing at each battlefield. Seeing the battles, he felt like he was forgetting something. Something he was supposed to do or be doing, like...

"Pika Pikapi Pikachu!" the rodent scolded its trainer and that's when it clicked inside his head.

"Ah dammit. I totally forgot I was supposed to battle Calem," Ash remembered as he started running around aimlessly. He stopped.

"Which battlefield was it again? 6? 7? Tch, I will just look back from the previous chapter," Ash said to himself. Pikachu sweatdropped at his trainer's condition and shook his head seeing how irresponsible Ash can be sometimes.

'So 6 it is,' Ash thought while walking towards the battlefield. Many trainers challenged him on the way, but he politely declined. He reached there. There was a considerable crowd and some of his friends were there as well.

"What the hell?! Where is he? Did he just ditch -?" a voice was yelling when another interrupted.

"Look there he is!" the feminine voice said as she ran towards Ash.

Ash barely reached there when a blonde girl hugged him out of the blue. Ash got startled.

"Hey Ash! What took you so long?" the Kalos Queen pouted at her crush.

Ash, however, didn't reply as he was lost in Serena's beautiful sapphire eyes. Until, of course, someone interrupted.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't show up," Calem said, a little irritatedly.

"Oh--yeah, sorry, I umm.. overslept," Ash said sheepishly as everyone sweatdropped.

"Same ol' Ashy boy," another voice said as Ash was surprised.

"Gary? You are here too?" Ash asked surprised.

Gary was confused. "Dude, you blind or something? Almost everyone is here."

Ash looked around and saw that the gang was in the stands.

"Yeah Calem invited us," a short blue haired girl said, "The fact that you guys were having an unusual battle, interested a lot of us," Miette explained, not before giving a wink at Ash.

Serena glared at her friend. Miette always enjoyed pestering her. Though Ash didn't seem to notice that.

"C'mon Ketchum we don't have any time to waste, let's start," Calem said and left to position hinself.

"Good luck Ash," Serena whispered into his ear.

Ash smiled. "Thanks." He went to the battlefield as well.