Chapter 38

"Oh no, this is bad," whispered Ethan as he looked at the new group of people who illegally entered inside the academy.

'Something's terrible going to happen, you have to warn the others,'  the words of Ash raced through his head. He took out his phone and tried to contact the KDA, but due to the network problem he couldn’t.

"Dammit, what the hell am I supposed to do?" he cursed himself under his breath. Due to being one of the youngest member of the organisation, he was quite inexperienced on how to deal with situations like this one. Just then he saw the other students and professors of the academy approaching the criminal group.

"I will just watch them and keep my distance for now. Hopefully, our squad will arrive in time," he muttered to himself.

"Sir, the machines are set. Should we activate them?" asked a grunt.

Damon thought, before replying with a smirk.

"Wait for my signal," he said and walked towards the group. He thrusted his gloved hands into the pockets of his black overcoat. His long black hair was straightened backwards, showing off his handsome face. He stood proudly before the others, with a mad look in his eyes.

"Excuse me, but who are you? And who gave you the permission to come here like this?" asked Sycamore with hostility.

"My my, no need to be so hasty and rude," said Damon with a calm voice. "I believe I should introduce myself first." By then, the other professors have arrived as well.

"My name is Damon Amara," he said with a proud look in his eyes. "I am the leader of Team- beep beep*

Before he could finish his statement, his earpiece beeped as the cold of voice of Medea pierced through his ears.

"Don't even think about claiming yourself leader you snacc," said the woman, who was still standing near the entrance.

The man gulped and cleared his throat as the others looked at him with confusion.

"My apologies," he said and recomposed himself. "As I was saying, I am........a formidable member of Team Cosmos."

Most of them couldn’t recognise the name while some did, as their eyes widened in horror.

"N-no way," Oak stuttered in disbelief.

"Wait, you are the criminal organisation that I've heard about," said Flint, recalling the havoc they caused in Sinnoh region a few months ago.

"What the hell do you think you're even doing here?!" yelled Trip.

"Whatever you jerks are planning isn’t going to work," said Calem, angrily.

The others kept yelling and shouting at them while some kept silent. Paul didn’t say anything as he kept glancing at the machines they have set earlier after landing.

'What are those?'  he thought, frowning.

"Someone contact the Special forces immediately," said Oak in an orderly tone.

"I've been trying Gramps, but there is some sort of stupid network problem," Gary said annoyingly as he kept tapping his phone.

"There is no signal here too," said Sawyer as he raised his phone.

"Same here," added Goh.

One by one, all of them tried their phone to contact someone, but failed as the signal kept blocking.

Damon laughed seeing the miserable condition of this people. Everyone glared at him and went alert instantly.

"Do you fools really think we came here unprepared?" he asked with venom in his voice. "This place has been our target since the moment it was opened. Now, you people shall bow down before us," he said triumphantly, spreading his hands.