2 - Chapter 16 - the piano + death

A random thing I noticed Wren Pov

We were walking into the pit. I was holding hands with my mother parents.

"No one wants to live here. But it will do until we build our own shelter. There's a river close by. So there is plenty of drinking water." said Gaia as we all were walking.

"What about food? You checked the hydrofarm?" Asked Jackson

"Nothing. That whole level was destroyed in the fire" Gaia says. I didn't know what they were talking about about, and I knew that if I asked they most likely wouldn't answer me or they'd tell me some lie.

"Where is Bloodreina?" Miller asks

"She didn't come back inside" says Hope

"Avoiding her demons" Indra says "I don't blame her" she adds on.

"Have you found another food source?" Gabriel asks

"We have birds, insects, so there must-" Gaia says but gets cut off by my aunt Raven.

"What about power; hot water?" He ahem asks. Gaia shakes he head no.

"Where's the funky ball with the green light?" My father asks

"A way out is the first thing we looked for. There's no stone here" Jordan says.

"No there has to be" Gabriel says "that's how Cadogan got his people out." He adds on/

"We lived here for 6 years. I think we would have seen it." Niylah says. Answering a few of my questions I had in my mind.

"One way to find out" says Aunt Raven and she puts on the helmet.

"Raven we tried that" Jordan says. "Our helmets showed no trace of the stone anywhere" he says. Adding onto what he previously said. Aunt Raven takes her helmet off.

"100 feet. Straight down. They gave you trash helmets. So you couldn't get out." Aunt Raven says

"Perfect so we jump to Sanctum. Take a hot shower. Stock up on supplies." My dad says

"Bring my people home" says Gabriel my father nods his head. I think for a minute but then I realize that the only person that is his people. Is Luca.

"Raven. Can I?" Asks Aunt Clarke. Motioning to the helmet that was showing us the way back to Sanctum.

"Yeah" Aunt Raven says and hands her the helmet. Aunt Clarke looks at the helmet for a moment before slamming it against the wall a bunch. Everyone starts to shout.

"What the heck are you doing" my father yells "It's the only way out of here" he adds on. Mad that she just did that. Everyone looks confused at why she would do that and mad that she would do that that.

"Earth is are home. Everyone who is from here. Is here. Everyone we care about, and I will not lose anyone else. Let's choose a room." She says and we all starts to disperse. I walk with my parents and Aunt Raven to a room where Aunt Ravens gonna fix the lights then try to fix the helmet.

I was sitting on the floor in between my parents. The lights turned on.

"Let there be light" my dad says. Aunt Raven walks outside of the room to we're we are. "Now we find the stone. Assuming you can fix this." he adds on.

"Your kidding. Right?" She says "I'm not a miracle worker Murphy."

"I beg to differ" my mother says.

"Come on you know we can't leave all of those people on Sanctum now that we know it's survivable here" my dad says.

"The people of Sanctum are better off without us." Aunt Raven says

"Until the next eclipse maybe. Clarke is wrong. Some of those people are from here, Raven. Wonkru, Eligius prisoners. Earth is their home too. Let me ask you something. When you let Hatch and his buddies die. Was that just to save your friends." He asks her. She grabs the helmet. She starts to walk. We follow her.

"We passed a workshop down here" she says. We get to the door and start to walk in.

"Can I go explore a bit please" I say. They look at each other for a moment.

"It's not safe to be by yourself here Wren" my Dad says

"But please I won't go far" I say. They look at each other for a moment.

"I don't know Wren" my aunt says

"Please. If anything happens I'll come get you" I say. They all look at each other again.

"Fine but don't go far. Okay?" My mother says.

"Okay" I say and I walk away. Done the hallway and I walk around until I hear music. I walk towards the music until I get to a room. I walk in. I see Hope and Jordan dancing, and Gabriel playing the piano.

"Hey I like that song" I say. I listen to him playing it. Hope then runs out of the room. Gabriel stops playing his song and looks towards Jordan.

"This is the part where you go after her, mi hermano." Gabriel says. Jordan looks at him and then walks past me and out of the room.

"Hi Wren" he says as he walks out.

"Wrens her" I hear someone yell. I look over and see Niylah struggling to stand up. She's about as drunk as she can be. I giggle. "There she i" she adds on. She hide the bottle behind her.

"It's okay. You can drink in front of me" I say

"Uh she's had enough anyway" Gabriel says and turns around so he's facing her.

"What? I'm fine" she says. She then grows up on the rug even more. Me and Gabriel look at each other. She then turns around and looks at us. "The party is over." She says. She then slowly walks out of the room.

"Grownups" Gabriel says and he looks at me.

"Will you play something else?" I ask

"I'll teach you" he says and he makes a motion for me to sit down next to him.

"Really?" I ask as I sit down on the bench next to him.

"Yeah it's easy. It's only taken me 200 years to figure out." He says we look at each other and laugh. "Hands like this" he says and he puts his hands on the keyboard. I copy his hands. "We're gonna play a C" he says. He plays the note then I play it. He teaches me more parts of the song.

"It's only 5 notes but it almost feels... familiar" I say. He looks at me and smiles at seeing me enjoying myself.

"That is the beauty of Mr. Beethoven" he says and he takes a sip of his drink. "Ok now try again but this time I want-" he says but he then gets cut off by getting stabbed in the chest. I get up from my seat and yell. He falls forward onto the piano.

"Mom, dad" I yell at the top of my lungs.