CHAPTER 44: FIGHT OR FLIGHT

JISOO'S POV

I woke up on my bed the next morning, a headache immediately greeting me.

"You're awake!" The sudden sound made my head hurt, my hands quickly held the side of my head. "Sorry, sorry. Here, coffee."

When my head calmed down, I stared at the boy inside my room. "Why are you here?"

I can't believe the audacity of this boy.

He gave me a small smile. "The others went to uni already."

I took my phone from my bedside table and checked the time. 10:40 am. Almost 4 hours late for our first class. "We have morning classes. Why didn't you attend?"

"Because I'll take care of you." He said, "I made you coffee. Wait, I'll get it-"

"I can stand up, Taehyung." I said as I did so. "You should go to school."

"What about you?" he asked.

I looked at him with a blank expression. "I'll get ready."

"I'll wait for you then."

"You have practice after lunch." I walked towards him and slapped his arm to make him move aside because I couldn't get my towel behind him.

Taehyung moved aside, looking hopeful. This is getting annoying. I shouldn't have said we should stay friends after he confessed. "You do too."

"So?" I asked while I went towards my closet.

"So we'll go to school together."

Before opening my closet, I looked over my shoulder. "What about So Hyun? Did you tell her you're late because you're here?" He shook his head. "Do you want to get in trouble?" He shook his head again. "Then tell her why you're late."

"She'll understand." he replied confidently.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes. "The ever so understanding girlfriend. "

Even with me indiscreetly mocking his girlfriend, Taehyung didn't look angry at all. He just stood there, looking innocent, despite him practically being a cheater right now.

"I'll wait for you in the living room, Soo." he said and went out of my room.

If this is what he calls sorting out the problem, it's not working. Think better, Taehyung. You're smarter than that.

After I got ready for school, I went out the room and went to the living room with my bag. Taehyung stood up from the couch once he saw me, but I ignored him and went straight to the door.

"You won't drink coffee before going out?" He asked when I opened the door.

I looked at him straight in the eyes, "I don't need coffee." I need coffee.

Taehyung and I missed our morning classes when we stepped off the bus - where we didn't sit down together, might I add - so we have the remaining hour to eat lunch before our afternoon classes start.

"Let's eat lunch together."

"I don't want to eat lunch with you." I told him and went inside the cafeteria.

Taehyung silently followed me but chose to eat on another table.

I was eating my meal when a cup of coffee was placed on our table. I was about to say I didn't order any coffee when I saw the person who gave it to me. I smiled at him. "Minhyuk."

"I just thought you needed coffee." He said. "Sorry for last night. My friends also apologized for not preventing you from getting drunk."

"Thank you! I needed this." I was smiling as I held the coffee he just gave me. "Why are you apologizing though?" I looked up at him, "It was my responsibility to take care of myself."