CHAPTER 31: WE'LL BE A DREAM

I really thought that after the play and my conversation with dad, I'll finally get a breather.

Turns out, I still have a problem with Taehyung.

I still couldn't confess my feelings for him.

I actually don't get it. I tried hard not to make this feeling flourish. I tried thinking that being his best friend is for the best, and that nothing beats the relationship we have as best friends. Yet every time I see him or he does something with me like normal friends do, I'd find myself free falling into that deep pit of confusion, adoration, excitement and such.

When Jin told me that Taehyung went to the shop with Jungkook, I didn't know how to react.

"Your best friend likes you." Namjoon said when it was only me, him, and Seokjin left in the room. Mom and my other brothers already went home before us.

Jin scoffed. "Like Jisoo still hasn't figured that out." I blinked twice. "You still haven't figured that out?!"

"Well-"

"You and Taehyung are too obvious!" Jin continued, "The boy is either a lost puppy or a raging bull when you're not around or when you're hurt. He asked you to the prom. He sings songs to you on your birthdays. Damn, Jisoo, take a hint."

I pinched Jin's thigh. "You did not let me finish!" When Jin winced in pain, I felt satisfaction and let him go. "I felt something when he was like that. Sometimes, I overthink his actions too. But I couldn't just ignore the fact that he's like that to other girls. He's too nice to turn them down!"

"Then confess to him." Namjoon suggested, earning a gasp from me and Jin.

"And why would Jisoo do that? It should be the other way around."

I nodded. "Yeah, what he said."

Namjoon shook his head. He acts like he's already an expert in relationships and confession when he's only been in a mutual relationship with Jackson for a month. My brother was still afraid of commitments. "Girls can confess too. Society shouldn't limit such romantic confessions to boys only."

What Namjoon said made me look at Jin's reaction. I wonder... who confessed to each other first? Jin or Irene unnie? I don't think it's Jin because my brother has the biggest ego among us, but I can't imagine Irene unnie confessing first too, she doesn't look like one. I couldn't ask Jin now though, the curiosity is irrelevant now that they've already broken up. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to my brother's next relationship. I'll keep it in mind to never forget this conversation we had.

I called Taehyung right after I got inside my room. Three rings passed yet he still didn't answer, which was really unusual of him. When he didn't answer me for the 4th time, I gave up. Instead, I dragged Seokjin with me and asked him to drive me to The Manor to talk to Taehyung.

"Seriously?" Jin stood up from his chair and placed his hands on his hips, he was playing an online game on his laptop when I barged in his room. "You two are more complicated than those with a legit relationship."

"Come on now, Jin. Namjoon still doesn't know how to drive so my only option is you." I clasped my hands together, pleading.

He glared at me for a second. "Fine." He was about to exit his room when he halted and turned to me, "But you're going to do me a favor someday."

"Of course, it's automatic already." I told him as a matter of factly, "You don't have to threaten your sister to help you, Jin."

Getting out of the room, he said, "You're only saying that cause I'm helping you now."