CHAPTER 52: BAD GIRL, GOOD GIRL

It was already 6:35 in the morning. I have classes at 7:30 and I still haven't eaten breakfast or taken a bath.

I found Jennie and Namjoon already eating their breakfast so I knew who was inside the bathroom. Knocking loudly on the door, I yelled. "Jin! Get out of there already!"

"He's been in there for 20 minutes," Namjoon commented before stuffing his cheeks with bread.

I waited for another 5 minutes or so before the door finally opened, "What took you so long?"

In front of me, Jin was drying his hair with his towel. His lower body was still covered with another towel, while his upper body wasn't even covered at all. Yuck.

Jin smirked. "General cleaning."

"General cle- What?!" I yelled. "What are you? A classroom?"

Jin just made a face at me before stepping aside. "Stop being so grumpy early in the morning or else your whole day will turn out bad."

"Where the hell did you even read something like that?" I said before closing the door behind me.

—-

Lunchtime meant I was going to buy food with Jimin since Jennie's class ends 15 minutes after our class before lunch. Jimin and I bought our food in the cafeteria, each holding our own trays. 

We were looking for a vacant table for us when we saw So Hyun sitting alone, her hands clutching her head like she was having a migraine.

Lately, So Hyun got thinner and everyone noticed the change in her appearance. Besides getting thinner, bags under her eyes were also noticeable. Some of our classmates had the guts to ask her what was wrong but she always ignored them.

I nudged Jimin. "Let's eat lunch with So Hyun."

Jimin just nodded and proceeded to walk with me to where So Hyun was seated.

Poking So Hyun's shoulder, I said, "So Hyun, eat lunch with us." I placed my tray on the table "Here. We can share my meal."

"Here's a banana too. I read somewhere that it's a mood booster." Jimin placed the banana in front of So Hyun.

So Hyun mumbled something but we didn't hear it clearly. I sat down beside her,."I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"Leave me alone," she said, clearly this time.

I looked up at Jimin and he looked just as concerned as I was. I placed a hand on So Hyun's arm gently and said, "But you need to eat, So Hyun."

Suddenly, So Hyun aggressively moved her arm so that I would let go of her. She then stood up, breathing heavily. "What's wrong with you? Didn't you hear me? I said I don't want to eat."

I stood up. "It's lunch and we won't have any vacant time until 2 pm. You have to eat something."

"Jisoo, let's just-" Jimin started to say but got interrupted when So Hyun slapped my face.

"You do not have the right to tell me what to do, Jisoo," So Hyun said, fuming.

Jimin stepped between us. "So Hyun, that's too much. I know you're going through something but-"

"Oh, so you're victim blaming now?" she said, crying.

"What? I-" Jimin stuttered, not knowing what to do. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say-"

"Will you all just stop pretending that you care about me?" So Hyun cried. "I know Taehyung told you about what happened to my family. Jisoo's the best friend, after all, she needs to know everything about Taehyung." She rolled her eyes and then glared at me. "I don't need false pretenses, especially from someone like Jisoo."