CHAPTER 28: SWEET NIGHT

It was the 4th time Dad was on my birthday, so the celebration was kinda extravagant. I got to invite my friends - the usual group, Mark, Jinyoung, Jackson, and JB. Mom felt happy finally seeing me comfortable with my friends, especially learning that I've got new ones. She even nudged me when Mark gave me a present before whispering that Mark looks cute and asking me whether I have a crush on any of the boys since I've got plenty of them.

To dismiss the topic, I told her that the food she cooked for my party smelled good and I couldn't wait to enjoy and have fun with the celebration she organized. Mom fell for that - she always forgets the previous topic when someone praises her cooking.

Of course, it's not a complete birthday celebration if Taehyung didn't sing a song for me.

"What song are you going to sing this year, Tae? I heard you sang a great song last year." Dad said, "A romance song would be good, my Jisoo here's turning 18 next year anyway."

Mom automatically pinched Dad's thigh to stop him from talking. I laughed at them, although mentally, I'm thanking mom for doing that to dad. Who knows what might go on after that?

"This year, I'll sing -" Taehyung smiled, "Uncle Seo Joon, aunt Ji Won, why don't you dance in the middle? I'm going to sing a ballad song."

Dad stood up and reached out his hand to my mom, who took it with a shy smile. It was cute seeing them like that, I just wish he always had time to celebrate special holidays with us.

"I'm wondering, are you my best friend?" Taehyung sang, looking at me with a grin. I nodded as I smiled at him.

"Soo, let's dance too!" Jackson asked me and pulled me up from my seat. From the corner of my eye, I saw Taehyung's smile fade. Or was that just my imagination?

"Feel's like a river's rushing through my mind

I wanna ask you

If this is all just in my head

My heart is pounding tonight

I wonder

If you

Are too good to be true

And would it be alright if I pulled you closer?

How could I know

One day I'd wake up feeling more

But I had already reached the shore

Guess we were ships in the night"

After Taehyung sang, Jungkook borrowed his guitar and played another song, Paper Hearts. It was a good song, and Jungkook really captured the people's attention with his voice but we couldn't dance along with it because it was a sad song. In the end, Jin and Hoseok sang another song that would make all of us dance; a song called Ego, made by someone named J-HOPE.

Another month passed and it was that time of the year again for College applications. Taehyung and I only passed our documents in KNUA, we were set to be in that university and we're confident that we could be in that school next school year.

College applications was one thing but February also means it's time for couples, and of course, our last High School Prom. Taehyung had his second to the last day of reviewing with Mr. Lee today, so he missed the first practice for prom.

Right after practice ended, Taehyung sent me a text that I should wait for him outside the auditorium, where a bunch of benches are. All our batchmates already dispersed to talk about who they are going to ask for prom. From what Taehyung and I talked about last year, I clearly remember that he said he'd ask me out this year with more preparation so I was expecting him to do that today.

ISTTIMIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें