"What about the other guy?"

"What guy?"

"Luis Williams".

"Luis doesn't work here. He's the supervisor's friend and offered to help us for a day".

"I'll guide you at work every day until you need it", She says and smiles when she notices me zoning out a little.  "Although you were the one who kept me from getting fired today", She grins.

"It's only human to make mistakes I guess", I chuckle.

We begin by making coffee. She carefully instructs the recipe and the pours in the quantities with absolute precision.

"Rule number one, Help your colleagues or friends in need. Even if they're hesitant to ask you to lend a hand", She winks.

I smile at her. She returns the smile and hands me two cups of latte and a chocolate croissant.

"Could you please take this to table number eight for me?" She requests.

"Of course", I grab it and head over to the table by the window and recognise the dark-haired, handsome guy sitting there. It's Luis.

"Hey there", I greet him as I serve the latte. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I came to see you".

"Huh?"

"I came to see Yu", He points towards a tall guy talking into the phone. "That's short for Yuel".

"Oh", I mumble, a little flustered.

"You look good in that outfit", He smiles.

"Thank you", I beam and he grins.

"I'll have to get going now", I say when I realise I've been here for more than two whole minutes.

I hurry back to Hazel as fast as I can and before I can even catch my breath, Luis enters the station.

"I found out the whereabouts of the manager", He informs Hazel with a serious look on his face.

"You did? Where is she?" Hazel asks, concerned.

"She's in Siena. She was admitted to the hospital right after she was found", He says in a hushed tone.

Hazel frowns and I can tell she's genuinely worried by the look on her face.

"Is everything okay?" I interrupt.

"Now that we've found her, everything will be", Luis smiles reassuringly and his expression softens a little. "Alright, I'll see you guys after your shifts and we can all pay her a visit together".

He waves at us without looking back and steps out of the shop.

Hazel turns to me right after he leaves. "Would you like to join us, Kaylin?" She questions.

"I'd love to. I'm free after work anyways", I admit.

"That's amazing. I'll tell Luis to pick you up in front of your house tonight around eleven, then. We'll have to travel overnight", She says.

"Sounds good", I smile.

On my way back home, I check my phone.

"I told you the outfit would be amazing!!! Have a good day, Love", her text says.

"Hey Ava, I'll be travelling to Siena tonight around eleven pm to meet my manager. Is that okay with you?" I text her.

"Sure, have fun! I'll be out tonight and won't be staying home, so make sure you eat something before you leave", comes an instant text.

"Thanks, you too", I smile at my screen before adding, "See you soon, take care", and put the phone back into my pocket.

I grab some food on my way home. I pack the necessities in my bag for the trip to Siena. I put on an off the shoulder top with jeans and wait for him.

Luis shows up around eleven as decided. "You ready?" He asks.

I nod and lock the door and we head out together.

It was a cold, bitter night. And the moment I stepped out, I regretted not wearing a hoodie.

"Aren't you cold?" Luis asks me as though he just read my mind.

"Not really, I'm good", I say in monotone.

He wraps his hoodie around me. "You're one stubborn girl", He breathes.

"But you'd be cold if I borrowed your hoodie", I frown.

He laughs out loud at that. "Is that why you were hesitating to admit you're cold?"

"I mean"-

"Did you already forget rule number one Hazel told you about?"

I resort to keeping quiet. "You should rely on others a little more, you know?" He says.

"You talk as if you know everything about me", I pout.

"Maybe I do", He grins.

Hey Loves,

I'm sorry for the late upload!

Also, I figured I'll have to upload a little more content in each chapter since the pact of the story is pretty boring.

Meaning, I'll start trying to spice things up soon. So stay tuned for that. :3

And if y'all are enjoying the story, please make sure you vote!!

I'd also really appreciate it if you guys dropped your views and comments on my chapters which would give me room to improve.

Follow for notifications whenever I upload something.

Oh, and if you guys forgot who Luis and Hazel are, they're one of the main characters so make sure you guys refer back to the introduction (the very first part of the story) to see their aesthetics.

And feel free if you want to imagine the characters! <3