Chapter - 6

Kaylin's POV:-

"Welcome home, Kay", Ava greets and offers me drinks. "Help me finish these, will ya?"

"Thank you", I chuckle and choose the non-alcoholic blackbuck. "I can't believe I pulled it off", I grin and take a sip.

She smacks her lips after taking a sip of her drink. "Well, I knew all along that it'd be a piece of a cake for you".

"Oh yeah? I wonder why you're not a prophet yet", I grin.

"Trust me, if I were to be a prophet, people wouldn't consider me human anymore", She smirks.

Ava tells me about her day and I tell her about mine, while we relish the food on the table. I decide to tell her about Luis later because I know she wouldn't let it slide all night.

We agree on going to bed early because I wouldn't wanna be late on my first day at work.

*****
"Morning, Kay", I hear her voice call out right before my alarm starts echoing in my ears.

"Good morning", I call back as I crawl out of bed.

"Here's your lunch. I'll be leaving early today as well. Make sure you text or call me if anything goes wrong", She says and heads for the door.

"Thanks so much for everything, Ava", I smile.

"I love you", She says and steps back and kneels to plant a kiss on my forehead.

"Me too. See you later", I wave.

"See you. And don't forget to send me a picture of your outfit", She grins before leaving.

*****
I straighten my posture and stride into the café. Today's my first day at work so it's only natural for me to want to give it my all.

I swing the door open and spot a gorgeous brunette struggling with three trays and two cups of coffee.

I extend myself a little further to get a hold of the trays right before she lets them out of her grip.

"You must be the new waitress Edward told me about. I'm Hazel", She says.

"I'm Kaylin. It's a pleasure to have met you", I smile.

She smiles back and she looks beautiful. Her brown hair gracefully falls right below her shoulder and her eyes look ethereal.

She hands me a waitress outfit and it looks beautiful.

"Put it on", She insists and I get changed.

I glance at the mirror and it looks perfect. I send Ava a quick snap before I head back to the coffee station to meet up with Hazel again.

 I send Ava a quick snap before I head back to the coffee station to meet up with Hazel again

"You look beautiful", She whispers.

"Thank you", I smile." And so do you".

"Thank you so much for lending me a hand back there", She says when we reach the coffee station. "We're running low on staff".