Chapter - 2

Kaylin's POV:-

"You blacked out at the bridge last night. We carried you back here" A deep voice lets out.

I raise myself into a sitting position to find the nurse getting me some grapes and apples.

"Can I have some ice cream instead?" I chuckle.

"Not until you get discharged, young lady. But the treat's on me" He chuckles back.

"You better live up to your word" I giggle before raising a question "When can I get discharged?"

"Today if you want to. Well, you'll get your ice cream sooner than you'd have expected, I guess" he laughs and continues "Though you can stay here a little longer if you please" He informs.

"I really wanna go back home, I miss that place," I say quietly.

We talk about our favourite songs and shows for a while before another nurse walks in and tells me it's time I get discharged.

"Ah, and I'm a huge Potterhead as well! I have all of Hermione's dialogues at the tip of my tongue-" He admits, beaming.

"Kaylin Luna D'Vincenzo, you're ready to get discharged" she announces.

I get up and turn back to smile at the nurse one last time. I'll miss him, he's been really friendly.

"What's your name?" I blurt out all of a sudden.

"I'll let you know if you can beat me in an ice cream eating contest" He winks.

"It's on, then" I shoot back and take my leave.

I was told I got discharged when I looked up at the sky and it was twilight.

The darkening sky was filled with lavender and indigo clouds, covering up the first stars of the night.

It was past midnight when I reached home to find out that my key was untouched at the exact place I left it four weeks ago-- under the flower pot. I insert it into the keyhole and twist it around to hear a click and slowly push the door open.

"I'm home" my words echo in utter silence.

I roam around and everything looks sceptically organised and elegant. I continue examining things until I suddenly hear the stairs creak and I whirl around instantly.

"Who is it? Mum? Dad?" I call out stupidly.

Ugh, who am I kidding? They're not around anymore...

There's no response.

I feel my heart drop.

"Who are you?" I repeat myself when I locate someone standing amid the dark hallway.

"I live here, little girl, but who are you? Are you perhaps, lost?" He queries.

"I'm not a little girl, and this my house" My voices shakes a little yet I manage to put up a strong front.

"The owners of this house died in a car accident last month. I was offered to buy this place about two weeks ago and I did" He explains before adding "You can spend a few days here until you find some other place to live. You'd want to grab your stuff as well," He smiles warmly.

"I'm sorry about barging in at midnight. I had no idea-" I begin.

"It's not your fault. I'm happy you survived. Besides, this Is the least I could do for you" He says politely.

"Thank you very much," I say because I can't think of anything else right now.

He guides me through the unlit corridor, into the closest room and reaches for the table lamp.

The light from the lamp falls on his near-to-perfect face, defining his jawline and broad shoulders. His light hazel hair is long and tied up in a messy way, which indicates the fact that he was sleeping.

"You can sleep in here tonight. Make yourself home" He chirps.

"I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused tonight" I apologise.

"Ah, don't worry about it, sweetheart. I'll be upstairs if you need anything. My wife and children must be waiting" He says and hurries up the stairs.

Wow, I could never tell he had a family. He looks too young for his age, huh?

I take my shoes off and fall back on the bed. My mind is full of questions now.

*****

Hey readers,

Hey readers,

Where do you guys think Kay will live?

Ah, she needs to find a job too...

Things might get pretty rough soon.

Do y'all think she'll meet the Nurse again?

Comment your opinions!

Don't forget to vote at the end of the chapters!! Make sure you guys hit that adorable little star symbol.

I'll try uploading as often as I can. Keep supporting! Thankyou. <3