"It doesn't have to be." Rosé placed the phone to her chest as she talked to someone. "You're in your dorm, right? Don't answer that. I'm coming anyway."

"You don't need to come." You fell back into the bed.

"But I miss you. I want to see you."

A silence fell, but you can hear the bus engine and chatter in the back.

"Is that okay?" Rosé hesitated.

You were angry, but you didn't want to take it out on her. You just wanted to be alone for a few more days, her coming was unexpected. "The door will be unlocked." You hung up and hid under the blankets.

~

The vibration of the door slamming shut woke you. "(Y/N)?" The muffled voice and footsteps came closer to your room. "(Y/N)?" After a few soft knocks, the door opened. Again, her voice called out your name. It wasn't the voice you've wished for it to be all these days.

"Yes?" You half-whispered.

"To be honest, I thought you wouldn't be here." She giggled. The bed dipped from her weight. "I'm happy you are. I'm not interfering with your rest, am I?"

You stayed silent, debating if you wanted to scare her off or not.

"I can leave if you want. I don't want to bother you if it is. I know how hard juggling training and school is."

As cheerful she sounded to mask the dispirit, it radiated throughout the room. It reminded all the times Sana suddenly ghosted you, that icky feeling. You didn't want to project that onto her. "No." You peeled the blankets off. "I'm sorry. I'm being mean to you right now. It has been a hard time lately." You forced a smile that Rosé saw through.

"Are you okay?" She leaned in closer, taking a better look at you. "Have you eaten yet? I can go downtown and get you something."

"No, it's fine. I don't have an appetite."

It was obvious to see you lost more weight than you want to admit over the weeks. Your face is pale and sunken in. How can anyone not notice?

Rosé softened her expression and reached for your hand. "Hey, come here." She crawled onto the bed to you, pushing your head to rest on her shoulder. Placing her hand on the back of your head and the other on your back. "I hope you're okay with this. Whenever I feel shitty, a hug like this always makes me feel better, so I hope this helps you too." She massaged in small areas. "You don't need to tell me about what's bothering you if you don't want to. I want you to know you don't need to purposely isolate yourself. I'm here, okay?"

You nodded and leaned more against her. Just like that, you didn't feel like you were suffocating for air. "Thank you." You mumbled, surrendering to her comfort.

"How about this, I'll sit so you can lay your head on my lap. You can rest while I pull your hair, okay?" She shifted her back to the wall and patted her thighs. "Come on. I don't bite, I promise." She smiled. "Do I have to tempt you? How about I sing while I give you the best scalp massage in your life."

You softly chuckled before moving to her, gently letting your head fall onto her lap. She wasn't lying. It felt better than you expected. Her fingernails grazing here and there. Small tugs that made your skin tingle. Why did it feel forbidden? "I feel bad." You muttered.

She stopped and looked down at you. "Why?"

"Because I'm not being a good friend to you. You're doing this for me. I can't think of anything to give in return."