15

Feb. 27th 2016

Time stood still. It didn't feel tomorrow would ever come. Another day passes, and another and another. You gave up on keeping track of time, stopped checking what day it is, or how much time has passed. It didn't really matter anymore. Each day was the same, so why did you have to keep track?

Your hand patted the space on the bed, looking for the imprint of her body. You didn't dare to sleep on that side of the bed because you hoped she would change her mind and come back to lay next to you.

'Hope?' You sighed, gripping onto the sheets.

You wished.

You wish she would change her mind. You wish things would go back to normal. To her late-night visits during the weekends for a short sleep-over. You wished you can ask her how her day was or whatever ran through her mind. You didn't want to leave your room because you believed if you wished hard enough, Sana would come through the door and call out your name after a long day so that you can be the comfort she desired whenever she felt like the world was against her.

Was that too hard? Was it too much for her?

You let go of the sheet and turned to the wall, hugging the plushie as hard as you could. You thought if you squeezed hard enough, all your emotions can pour into it. You wanted to scream into a pillow. Maybe doing so would help, but nothing comes out. Each time you choked on thin air. The harder you forced yourself to scream. The harder the punches in your stomach became. Perhaps, it gave you a different feeling other than the misery.

Just for a brief second, you thought it would be easier if you replaced every fond memory with hatred. It's reasonable. You didn't have to stay trapped under the water. Nothing was stopping you. Not even Sana. She didn't even stay throughout the night to help ease the pain. She got what she needed and left.

"Was it too much for you to stay?" You snapped. "To say the final goodbye? Or are you a coward to give me a proper break-up, Minatozaki?!"

You threw the plushie to the ground and sat up, pulling your knees to your chest. "I hate you." You cried out. "I hate you so much."

Each time you saw her, your confusion only grew. You never wanted to doubt her, but the trust you invested in her began to grow thinner and thinner. Why did you have to second guess yourself? Why did you have to second guess her? You didn't want to hate her, but that's all you can do now. You fell back into the bed. Another day will pass. The world will keep moving forward. The seasons will keep changing. It'll be fine if you stayed behind, right? You close your eyes, allowing yourself to fall into the fissure.

Feb. 28th 2016

You groaned and slapped your hand onto the phone. Being awake this early in the morning has been the first this week. "Chaeyoung?" You sighed and clicked the big red button. You didn't have any energy to deal with anyone, not even yourself. Again, the phone vibrated with her name on the screen. She isn't going to stop unless you answer.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Why?" You sat up, rubbing your tired eyes. You haven't cried for a day, yet they still burned.

"Because I'm at your company, looking for you, but everyone said they haven't seen you for the last week."

You hummed.

"Are you not coming today either? I snuck all the way here so we can hang for a bit."

"You should have let me know ahead of time."