Chapter 486 - 490

Chapter 486: Have Not Reconciled

“Unknowingly, it’s already this time. I can’t decline an elder’s request. I’ll stay here for lunch then. Uncle Qiao, I’ll help you. You bought all the things that Nan Nan like, right? I still remember what you’ve taught me previously. Let’s prepare the food together for Nan Nan to eat?”

Afterward, Zhai Sheng grabbed hold of the bags of groceries purchased by Qiao Dongliang and pulled the latter into the kitchen. Qiao Dongliang did not have any time to react.

It was only when Qiao Dongliang started preparing the meal that he exclaimed that he had fallen into Zhai Sheng’s trap.

When did he invite Zhai Sheng to stay for lunch?

In normal circumstances, he certainly had to be more polite. However, toward Zhai Sheng, this wolf that wholeheartedly wanted to snatch Nan Nan away, he was not willing to feign politeness. He nearly chased Zhai Sheng away directly.

From the family member who once had the lowest status in the Qiao family to today, where two men in the house were preparing meals for her, Qiao Nan’s thoughts were elsewhere although she was sitting on the sofa, holding the remote controller and staring at the television.

Life was truly unbelievable.

Zhai Sheng dawdled in the house of the Qiao family until half-past three in the afternoon before he was willing to leave.

During this period, Qiao Dongliang ‘impolitely’ stayed at home and even deliberately sat in between Zhai Sheng and Qiao Nan to eliminate all the opportunities for Zhai Sheng to come into physical contact with his daughter.

The situation of the trio made Qiao Nan seem like a precious egg. As the hen, Qiao Dongliang was on his greatest guard to protect the egg beneath his wings. He used all his might and effort to prevent Zhai Sheng, the weasel, from having any slightest opportunity to steal away his egg.

Qiao Dongliang, who had been uptight the whole morning, nearly heaved out a loud and big sigh of relief when he heard that Zhai Sheng was finally going to leave. He was cheering in his heart when he sent Zhai Sheng to the door.

At the sight of Qiao Dongliang’s behavior, Zhai Sheng laughed. “Uncle Qiao, sorry to have disturbed you today. I’ll visit again tomorrow. Thank you.”

“No need…” Qiao Dongliang was about to decline, but Zhai Sheng had already got into his car. Zhai Sheng then stepped on the accelerator and left. He nearly made Qiao Dongliang take in a mouthful of exhaust gas.

Qiao Dongliang snorted like a cow and quickly ran back into the house. “Nan Nan, before I came back, nothing happened between Zhai Sheng and you, right?”

“Brother Zhai was chatting with me.”

“Just chatting?”

“Yes…”

“What did you chat about?”

“My studies.”

“Then, before I came back, how long had Zhai Sheng been here?”

“Brother Zhai was here about five to seven minutes before you came back.”

Zhai Sheng left so swiftly and quickly. Qiao Nan was left to fend for them and had to continue to lie according to what Zhai Sheng said earlier.

Qiao Nan had to face many questions from Qiao Dongliang. The situation of Zhai Sheng, who arrived home at the Zhai family’s residence, was not any better.

“You really came back? It looks like Shi Qing received information about it and already knew that you’re coming home. She visited us. Zhai Sheng, let me warn you. It’s not just Qiu Chenxi, but also Shi Qing. I won’t force you to marry other women if you really don’t want to, but these two are definitely out of the question.” Miao Jing was enduring a tummy of resentment.