Chapter 111 - 115

Chapter 111: One of a Kind

While Qiao Dongliang was talking to Qiao Nan, Qiao Zijin was beside Ding Jiayi and they were leaning on each other’s heads. Qiao Zijin said, “Mom, school will re-open in three days, where are my tuition fees?”

Ding Jiayi’s expression turned dark, she could not answer Qiao Zijin at that instance.

“Mom, it’s been so long, Dad has not softened his attitude towards you?” Qiao Zijin knitted her brows and asked doubtfully. “I don’t think I’ve seen you talking to Dad recently, Dad has not admitted his mistake and apologized to you? Then what about my tuition fees?”

At the beginning of the year, as she was at loggerheads with Qiao Dongliang and did not want to lose her face before Qiao Zijin, she spent almost half the money that was meant to be used frugally as living expenses.

In the end, Qiao Zijin not only bought the bracelet that she liked, but also a set of new clothes.

They went out everyday, watching some movies and eating at restaurants. All these required spending.

As one could imagine, Ding Jiayi did not have much money left in her pocket.

Not to mention Qiao Zijin’s tuition fees for this semester, she could not even afford one month of living expenses for Qiao Zijin.

“Mom?” Seeing her mother’s expression, Qiao Zijin was in trepidation. “Mom, Dad has not pleaded mercy to you? But school is reopening soon, what will happen to my school fees? Although I may not go to College but I need to graduate from high school!”

If she could not graduate from high school, she would not be able to face anyone.

“You, you don’t be anxious, I will settle this matter for you. I will ensure that you have money for schooling.” Ding Jiayi’s face turned pale and comforted Qiao Zijin again and again.

“Mom, I don’t care, no matter what, you have to find a way to raise my tuition fees. I am going to school one day earlier before it reopens so that I can sun my blanket in the hostel. So, Mom, by the day after tomorrow, you must pass me the tuition fees and living expenses.”

Qiao Zijin directly gave Ding Jiayi an ultimatum. She did not care if her words would cause Ding Jiayi to feel troubled. Neither did she care if it was possible for Ding Jiayi to raise the money. Having finished her words, Qiao Zijin walked away like a queen.

Ding Jiayi’s pale face twisted slightly, she rubbed her face with her palms that were rough. “Money money money, how am I going to find the money in such a short time.”

When Ding Jiayi looked up, Qiao Dongliang was just coming out of Qiao Nan’s bedroom.

Ding Jiayi’s eyes shone, she quietly followed Qiao Dongliang and returned to the couple’s room.

After returning to the bedroom, Ding Jiayi sat beside Qiao Dongliang without saying a word, then she stared straight at Qiao Dongliang.

Qiao Dongliang knitted his brow. He moved away and changed his position. Ding Jiayi kept quiet and followed and stuck to Qiao Dongliang wherever he moved to.

“What are you doing!” Qiao Dongliang was annoyed. He wanted to raise his voice but he controlled himself eventually.

“School is starting soon. It’s time to pay Zijin’s tuition fees.”

“Then you can pass the money to Zijin.” Qiao Dongliang sneered. He already found Old Ding’s current behavior odd. For the past few days, they were having a cold war and Old Ding was giving him the cold shoulder, but she pestered him today. True enough, when she opened her mouth, it was for the sake of money again!