Chapter 166 - 170

Chapter 166: Don’t Waste Your Breath, Just Fight

Halfway through the conversation, Qiao Nan discovered that the usually cool and suave Zhai Sheng was a little different today. She saw the future chief carrying two heavy bags of fruits in his hands.

“…” There was a flash of embarrassment on Zhai Sheng’s face. After clearing his throat, he said, “My sister is back. This is for her.”

“Sister Zhai Hua is back, then Brother Zhai will have someone to keep you company at home. Sister Zhai Hua will be able to cook for you too.” Qiao Nan was quite happy. She was thinking that being home alone was too quiet and lonely.

“She does not know how to.” Zhai Sheng looked at Qiao Nan. “You do not wish to cook for me anymore. Do you find me a nuisance?”

“No no no, that’s certainly not what I meant. Sister Zhai Hua not being able to cook is no issue. Brother Zhai Sheng, continue to bring over the ingredients, I will do it. After all, my family is the one taking advantage of Brother Zhai.” Brother Zhai would bring over good stuff each time, such as the wild terrapin today.

During this time, terrapin was not a popular food. Nevertheless, Qiao Nan knew that it was good stuff.

In fact, Qiao Nan realized that the food brought over by Zhai Sheng each time was particularly suitable for nourishing Qiao Dongliang’s body. It helped him recover well.

Hence, Qiao Nan also suspected that Zhai Sheng was intentionally helping her.

“I am glad you know.” Zhai Sheng’s eyes flashed. He did not want to let the Qiao family take advantage of him. He only wanted one person—Qiao Nan—to take advantage of him.

After returning to the quad, Zhai Sheng and Qiao Nan went on separate ways. One went back to the Zhai’s residence and the other the Qiao’s residence.

Zhai Sheng had just reached home and placed the two bags of fruits on the floor. Zhai Hua, who happened to be at home, saw this and shouted with surprise. “Zhai Sheng, is your brain immersed in water? Didn’t you mention that you’re bringing the fruits to visit a patient? Why did you leave with two hands full of fruits and return with them?”

Was her brother training physically?

Nonsense!

Zhai Hua always touched the soft spot, poking her nose into matters that she should not be interfering.

In front of his sister, Zhai Hua, Zhai Sheng was not so good-tempered and patient. “After thinking about it, it is better to leave it at home and let you have them.”

“Oh, you’re finally doting on your sister. Wait, what do you mean?” Zhai Hua was stunned. “You said that you bought these for a patient, but now you’re leaving them here for me to eat. Are you implying that I’m sick?! What sickness do I have?”

Having that said, Zhai Hua jumped and patted her chest. “Your sister’s body is awesome!”

Zhai Sheng sneered with a ‘Ha, ha’. “Given this one action of yours, don’t you think that you are sick? Remember, although you are a man at heart, you are physically a woman after all.” Which woman would slap her own chest before a man?

At the thought of Zhai Hua’s frequent ‘idiotic’ behavior, Zhai Sheng was deeply concerned for his future brother-in-law.

Zhai Hua was not embarrassed to pat her own chest, but not many people would be so thick-skinned to watch her doing that.

“Zhai Sheng!” Zhai Hua exploded with anger immediately. She swiped a kick toward him directly. “What younger brother, it’s indeed the most annoying creature in the world!”