Chapter 171 - 175

Chapter 171: Obviously Unreliable

Qiu Chenxi’s face turned slightly stiff, but she quickly reverted to her normal self, revealing a natural and gentle smile. “I heard that… your English is quite good at school. If there’s anything you’re not sure of, you may seek my advice. Of course, feel free to point out my mistakes too.”

“Young lady, did you hear that? Don’t hold back. Speak your mind.” Lin Yuankang nodded and passed a pen to Qiao Nan.

Qiao Nan raised her eyebrows and looked at Zhai Sheng. Zhai Sheng nodded in return. Qiao Nan then took the pen from Lin Yuankang and started writing quietly.

About fifteen minutes later, Qiao Nan had reviewed the first page of the document Qiu Chenxi submitted to Lin Yuankang and wrote a number of comments. Thereafter, she passed the document back to Lin Yuankang. “Too many, I can’t finish reading them.”

Reviewing the first page only should suffice.

“Oh, have you finished reading a page of it?” Lin Yuankang shrank his neck and hid his chin. He was unable to properly see the numerous words written on the paper.

Lin Yuankang did not say a word. As his pair of eyes stared at the document edited by Qiao Nan, he simply opened the second drawer to the right of his table with his right hand to retrieve a spectacles case. His action was swift and precise, as if there was another pair of eyes on his hands. He took out the pair of reading glasses from its case and put it on.

Qiu Chenxi was stunned. Didn’t Grandpa Lin say he could not find the pair of reading glasses?

“…” Qiao Nan twisted her lips. She already said that this old man was not reliable at all.

“Not bad.” This time, Lin Yuankang personally saw Qiao Nan edit the document, and the document was brought over by Qiu Chenxi. There was no way she could have cheated.

Lin Yuankang was very satisfied with Qiao Nan’s performance. “Young lady, take a look too.”

After he read the document, Lin Yuankang returned them to Qiu Chenxi.

Qiu Chenxi’s face scrunched up. There seemed to be a thin layer of frost on it. She looked extremely cold.

She did not believe the English standard of a new high school student would be better than that of a gifted college student from a foreign language school.

However, when Qiu Chenxi saw the additional sentences and grammar on that piece of paper, she was totally stunned.

Qiu Chenxi’s first reaction neither arose from reading the contents written by Qiao Nan nor whether they were right or wrong. She was shocked by Qiao Nan’s excellent handwriting.

Qiao Nan’s English handwriting was not the fancy style that was typically beautiful and smooth. It was the formal and upright style like those on printouts.

Qiu Chenxi was very surprised.

The content in this document was completed alone by Qiu Chenxi using the computer. Hence, it was printed, not handwritten.

But Qiao Nan’s handwriting was almost no different from those on the printouts. The main difference was that Qiao Nan used a pen with a thicker tip. Hence, her fonts had a thicker line than that of Qiu Chenxi’s.

In addition, she was only a high school student. Even a college student might not have such handwriting. The words were so beautiful!

Qiu Chenxi tightened her hold on the document, nearly crushing it.

She took a deep breath. She could not allow herself to panic or lose her cool. She had to calm down. What was the use of having such beautiful handwriting?