Chapter 71 - 75

Chapter 71: Essay Competition

“Go ahead.” Qiao Dongliang smiled widely at Qiao Nan.

Qiao Zijin, who was not too pleased, pouted when she saw how Qiao Dongliang smiled affectionately at Qiao Nan.

She knew that the reason behind her father’s change in attitude towards Qiao Nan was that she gave Zhu Baoguo tuition and in a way, helped her father to repay the debt of gratitude towards Grandpa Lee.

She could do it as well.

“Dad, I have no more pens left, I will get one from Nan Nan’s room.”

Ever since the decrease in her monthly allowance and the money that she spent on her dance costume, Qiao Zijin was more careful in her spending, she could no longer stock up on pens or buy new stationery.

If there was not a real need, she would not buy new stuff.

Now that she had no more pens, she would just “borrow” a few pens from Qiao Nan. But there was no way that she was going to return them.

Qiao Zijin opened Qiao Nan’s bag and made it a point to empty the contents.

Qiao Nan had a total of three pens. Their designs were shabby and they all looked the same. It was not the type of pens that she used to buy. Qiao Zijin grunted and grabbed one of the new pens.

“Oh?” Qiao Zijin chanced upon one of Qiao Nan’s books. There were millions of words on it. Qiao Zijin took a closer look at one of the pages. At one glance she realized that it was an essay. Qiao Zijin had never seen or heard this essay before.

Qiao Zijin might not be good at writing essays, but she could tell if it was well written or not.

Qiao Zijin thought for a while and twitched her lips. She not only took one of Qiao Nan’s pens, she also tore off the page with the essay.

In order not to be discovered by Qiao Nan, Qiao Zijin tore off the empty page connecting to the essay page as well. She made sure to tear it off nicely so that Qiao Nan would not realize it in an instant. With that, she took the two items and left Qiao Nan’s room.

By the time Qiao Nan returned to her room from her bath, she saw that her bag was being opened and the contents were scattered all over the room.

Qiao Zijin was the only one in the house who was capable of this.

If it was her mother, she would rather throw the bag away than wasting her efforts to search through it.

“Nan Nan, you sister came into your room just now to get a pen from you.” Qiao Dongliang came at the moment to notify Qiao Nan.

Qiao Dongliang could not help but frown when he saw the contents of the bag being scattered all around. “Your sister is so insensible. It was just a pen, did she have to make such a mess? Nan Nan, you would have to tidy up later.”

“Oh.” Qiao Nan could not think of anything to say.

Her father knew that it was wrong of Qiao Zijin to do this, yet he could only make such a remark. What made Qiao Nan speechless was that he could say this to her, but he would not utter a word to Qiao Zijin.

Qiao Nan knew that Qiao Dongliang was only paying lip service. He did not really mean it. So she gave her response absentmindedly.

In the previous life, after Qiao Zijin committed adultery and left the marriage without any maintenance or marital compensation, she blamed her divorce with Chen Jun entirely on Qiao Nan. Besides her mother who pampered her, her father was also responsible for this temperament of hers.