Chapter 236 - 240

🐣: Hey guys, I'm back! Thank you for your patience, enjoy reading (つ≧▽≦)つ

Chapter 236: Truly Shameless

The Mrs. Ma trio was infamous in the quad for their big mouths. Nevertheless, they were also famous for being shrewd.

They felt strange about today’s matter. The trio did not need to know the reason why Ding Jiayi did this. They only needed to confirm that there was something odd about Ding Jiayi.

The three witnesses that she invited had turned against her. Ding Jiayi was completely embarrassed.

After hearing the words of the trio, Qiao Nan’s face turned sullen instantly. “So, Mom, you said that you’re leaving for work early this morning, but in actual fact, you’re coming here to catch a thief. Moreover, the thief you wanted to catch is me. You even brought along three witnesses. Mom, you’re really so loving to me and have my good intentions at heart.”

If she had been caught red-handed by her mother and the trio when she used the key to open and enter the back door of the Zhai’s residence, then her reputation in the quad would be thoroughly ruined.

Possibly, in a few days’ time, the whole Ping Cheng would receive some news that the top scorer in the middle school examination this year was actually a thief!

Her mother and Qiao Zijin painstakingly plotted this. They really wanted to destroy her!

“Qiao Nan, don’t slander us. She’s a relative of the Zhu family. You’re so close to Zhu Baoguo, yet you refuse to admit that you’re here to malign Mom. Qiao Nan, search your conscience before saying those words!” If Zhu Yan was not connected with Qiao Nan, and Qiao Nan had nothing to do with today’s matter, and thus, Qiao Nan did not harm her mother and her, then she would chop off her head and let Qiao Nan sit on it like a stool. Qiao Nan definitely did it on purpose!

“Sister, you said that I wronged Mom. Okay, tell me. How did I malign her?” Qiao Nan crossed her arms and looked at Qiao Zijin coldly.

Yes, Zhu Yan’s appearance was arranged by her. So what?

If Qiao Zijin and her mother did not harbor any ill intentions, they would not have embarrassed themselves.

“Do you dare to say that Zhu Yan is not someone you staged to make Mom misunderstand you? Nan Nan, you’re already sixteen years old. You can’t continue to be so willful. Mom did so much for your sake. How could you collude with others to harm Mom?!” Qiao Zijin’s mouth stung as she gave an ambiguous explanation.

“What did I do that made Mom misunderstand?”

“You asked Zhu Yan to wear the same dress as you so that Mom will mistake her for you!”

“Sister, your words are ridiculous and amusing. Which mother recognizes the daughter by the dress and not the face? Any young lady who wears this dress is Mom’s daughter, then? Mom is so concerned about me. So concerned about me that I want to cry. She’s so concerned about me to the extent that she didn’t even look at my face and only looked at my dress. Sister, do you think that I should be touched?”

“You…” Qiao Zijin was dumbfounded and could not respond.

It was not easy for them to catch the chink in Qiao Nan’s armor. As victory was within reach, the excited Ding Jiayi and Qiao Zijin were so carried away with it that they rushed to the person standing at the back door of the Zhai’s residence without even looking at her face. They were so certain that she was Qiao Nan.

“I just heard the word ‘thief’. So, Mom took me as the thief and came to catch me red-handed? You wanted to catch the thief and see what she stole. Mom, did you call out my name even before taking a proper look at the person? Judging by the situation, you seem to wish that I was really the thief. Am I wrong?”