Chapter 176 - 180

Chapter 176: Qiao Dongliang Stood Up for Her

Elder Zhu was worried that after becoming a soldier, Zhu Baoguo might end up as cannon fodder in the future.

But judging from Zhu Baoguo’s performance today, Elder Zhu was sure that his grandson would not end up as cannon fodder as long as he was taught well. He would be a good politician instead!

“Thank you for the compliment, Grandpa. Both Grandpa and Maternal Grandpa had put in so much effort to groom me. I would be letting both of you down if I do not make any improvement.” Zhu Baoguo was not used to sitting next to Elder Zhu, but he remembered what Qiao Nan once taught him. Zhu Baoguo extended his hand awkwardly and placed it on Elder Zhu’s shoulders as if they were buddies. “Grandpa, don’t worry. I am sensible now.”

“…” Elder Zhu was not very accustomed to his grandson’s affectionate gesture. It was usually his maternal grandson who would be affectionate to him. But he was very happy. In fact, he was delighted that his grandson was being close to him.

Elder Zhu quivered, taking a sip of the tea that Zhu Baoguo poured for him. He softened his tone. “Well, you have made improvements. There is nothing better than this. You are right. Your father is in charge of the Zhu family now. When you are able to manage the Zhu family in the future, it will be the day I can finally rest assured.”

When Wang Yang came in, he saw the grandpa and grandson sitting side by side, having an animated conversation. Wang Yang’s face stiffened. Still, he had to plaster a smile on his face.

In the past, Wang Yang was the only one who used to sit beside Elder Zhu. Now that there was Zhu Baoguo, Wang Yang felt that there was no place for him.

“Yang Yang is here.” Elder Zhu was all smiles when he saw his maternal grandson coming his way. But Wang Yang could clearly feel that his grandfather was not as happy as he used to be when seeing him.

Wang Yang was angry. Elder Zhu no longer cared about his maternal grandson because he had a grandson by his side. Was that how it was now?

Sure enough, his father was right. The people from the Zhu family were heartless. They did not care about family ties!

“Grandpa, Brother Baoguo.” No matter how angry Wang Yang felt, he had a bright smile on his face. On his refreshed face was a smile as bright as sunshine. Zhu Baoguo sized up Wang Yang. He had to admit that Qiao Nan was right. Wang Yang was very good at pretending. Everyone liked the bright and sunny person that Wang Yang pretended to be.

“Yang Yang, come and have a sit.”

“Okay.” Seeing that Elder Zhu motioned him to sit on another sofa, Wang Yang felt gloomy. “It is so rare for Brother Baoguo to be here and have some time to chat with Grandpa.”

In the past, whenever Zhu Baoguo was free, he would mix with the bad company outside.

“I suddenly realized that I have a lot to chat with Grandpa. This is how we develop relationships with others. Anyway, since I am free, I must spend more time to chat with Grandpa.” Initially, when Zhu Baoguo sat next to Elder Zhu, he could not help but felt uncomfortable.

Now that he noticed that Wang Yang seemed to value sitting next to Elder Zhu, Zhu Baoguo felt comfortable in his seat.

No wonder Wang Yang liked to snatch his things in the past. The feeling of having someone else’s stuff for oneself was really cool!

Zhu Baoguo placed one hand on the back of the sofa, leaning against it and sitting with his legs crossed, one foot poised in the air. To Wang Yang, Zhu Baoguo’s lazy stance suggested provocation.