"Thank you for showing me kindness, Itachi."

I woke up in my ANBU gear, realizing I had forgotten to change when I returned home last night. The sun peeking through my windows was almost blinding. I am to meet with my new ANBU squad at the Hokage's office this morning. I look over at my alarm clock to see it's 9:00 am. Perfect timing. I have an hour to get ready, and go.

I reached Hokage, Minato Namikaze's office at 9:50. Ten minutes early. I knock, and wait for Lord Fourth to allow entrance. When he yells a muffled "Come in," I open the door. Standing in the office I see Minato's wife Kushina Uzumaki, and their son Naruto Uzumaki. He is in the academy with Sasuke, if I remember correctly.

"Good morning Lord Fourth, Kushina, Naruto," I say and bow. I move my mask to the side, since I'm the first of four ANBU to arrive.

"Good morning y/n, I'm glad to see you made it on time. Please no need for bowing," He says, and I straighten up. "Are you excited to meet your new team?"

"Yes, nothing against my old teammates, but we didn't quite click well together."

"I see, well I hope you'll get along well with your new batch of teammates. I would like you each to know the identities of each other, so don't worry about putting your mask back on." I fully remove my mask from my head as I nod.

"Yes sir. Kushina, it's been so long! How have you been?" I curiously ask while glancing at her smiling face.

"It's been great ya know! Little naruto here is quite the trouble maker," She says while rubbing the top of Naruto's head.

"Hey!" Naruto exclaims, face flushing from the motherly contact. Kushina, Minato, and I simply laugh at this.

I then hear footsteps nearing the door behind me. I turn and see the man whom I hate. My teeth grit in anger as Itachi steps through the door, bowing respectfully. "Lord Hokage."

"Bye Minato!" Kushina yells, rushing to exit the room. I have confided in Kushina about my dislike towards the Uchiha boy, yet she found it amusing.

"Y/n, why are you here?" Itachi asks in his monotone voice.

"Isn't it obvious, idiot?" I sneer at him. He simply looks taken aback, and nods his head.

Two more figures enter the room a few seconds later. "Now that you're all here, please remove your masks." Minato says.

One of the figures has light brown hair, green eyes, and a small barely prominent scar above his left eyebrow. He stands a few inches shorter than Itachi, and looks to be about my age.

The next figure is one I know all too well. Kakashi Hatake. Another child prodigy. Seriously? I have to deal with two conceited brats now? I've never expressed interest in the white haired ninja, but I've heard many things about him.

"Please introduce yourselves, I would like you all to get to know each other." Minato states, gesturing for the brown haired man standing on the furthest left to begin.

"Hi, I'm Jake. I'm excited to be able to work with you all." His gaze comes towards me, and lingers for a few seconds, before roaming again. His voice is deep, and quite attractive.

"I'm Kakashi Hatake." The twenty year old man says through his navy mask. His tone of voice is blunt and bored. Yup, a brat just like any other child prodigy.

"Hello, I'm Itachi Uchiha, I look forward to missions with you all." I scowl at his introductions. God he's annoying. Why is he so perfect? Perfect ninja. Perfect looks. Perfect mannerisms. Perfect posture. Perfect everything. Ugh, I hate him.

"I'm y/n Uchiha. Nice to meet you all." I avoid Itachi's gaze as I say this.

"Very well, let me run this down for you all. Essentially you'll be oportating like a normal Genin squad. No, you will not have a sensei. I would like you each to train with each other. During missions, they will be considered ANBU, but your mask's are not required, if you prefer them, then that's fine. Your squad leader will change depending on each mission. For example, Itachi and y/n you two are outstanding strategists, for missions needing stealth one of you would be squad leader." Being lumped with Itachi again? I curl my fists in anger. "If you haven't noticed already, each of you are exceptional shinobi, each graduating at least two years before they were supposed to at the academy, and each becoming Chunin your first try. Furthermore, you were each recommended into the ANBU at such young ages. I picked you four, because we need a strong team to be prepared to fight together. The hidden cloud is a rising threat, as duty to the village, I would like you to get to know each other, and return here at 2:30 Friday afternoon." We each nodded our head, and slipped out of the room.