"No, I think it makes you selfless. It's something I admire about you."

Itachi and I returned to my house

Itachi and I returned to my house. Stepping through the doorway, warmth instantly flooded me, and I felt much better then I had when I was outside. We both slipped our soggy sandals off, and barefooted, stepped into the living room. "Wait here," I quietly said.

I stepped away from the living room and into my own room. Picking up black sweatpants and a blue sweater for myself, I wondered what I could give Itachi to wear.

Coasting my eyes through my closet, I landed on an old sweatshirt. It was simply gray with black lettering saying 'Konoha' on it. I give a soft smile towards the warm article of clothing, and slip it off the hanger. Heading to my dresser, I grab a pair of navy blue sweatpants that belonged to the owner of the sweatshirt.

Thinking about how I obtained these pieces of clothes, sadness inevitably flooded through me. Rubbing a palm over the front of the sweatshirt, and tracing the lettering, I was brought back to when I first wore it. I remember the blush coating my features, and trying to hide it with the collar of the oversized item. The man who had given it to me, smiling down, as something of love had coursed through my heart. The man grabbing my small hands, and pulling them away from the sweatshirt, away from me so desperately trying to hide my blush. "You look cute in my clothes," The man had stated. My immature fourteen year old self thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I couldn't help the smile that was implanted among my face. Despite the winter weather, I felt like I was stuck in a sauna.

Immature and reckless love was what it was. Until my Father found out.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I remembered Itachi. I quickly exit my room, returning to the living room. Not forgetting to grab two soft towels of my way.

"Sorry I took so long," I extended my arms that were holding the clothes I grabbed for him and a blue towel. "You can shower first, it's the first door on the left." While I do have a shower in my room, there wouldn't be enough hot water for us to shower at the same time. Itachi simply nods, and walks off.

About fifteen minutes later, he exited the bathroom wearing the clothes I gave him. "Y/n were these your father's clothes?" Itachi asked, while we both took a few steps in each other's directions. Simply, I shook my head, and rushed to the bathroom before he could ask anymore questions. This topic is not something anyone, excluding the man and my Father, know about. While I have grown to trust Itachi more, I don't want to burden him with my issues, more than I already have.

I enter the bathroom, and lock it. I hang the towel up on the rack adjacent to the shower, and turn the metal handle, making the water run. I turn it, until it is unable to turn anymore. Making my shower scalding. It's how I've always liked it, hot. The warmth gives me something of comfort, something I haven't experienced too much. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Maybe I'm so deprived of natural human warmth, touch, and comfort, that I need to search for it within other things. How pathetic is that.