"This is going to come back and bite me in the ass"

Quickly after our battle, I walked off towards my house. I left Matt and the Hyuuga for Fugaku and Itachi to deal with.

I really don't know what had come over me back there. All I know is that I love having power, no matter how dangerous that power may be. For now, I will continue to get strong, and I will save my clan from its planned downfall.

Now that my training with Kamui is completed - aside from settling my feelings, and getting rid of the surging pain - I can begin garnering power from my other ocular abilities. Three down, nine to go.

Sozo, I believe, is what I'll be training next, in simpler terms, telekinesis. Though, there is no one alive now who possesses this trait, therefore I will have to learn strictly by books.

Growing up, I always excelled academically, so reading and comprehension has never been an issue. I passed all my classes with flying colors, even skipping some, but the academic aspect isn't what I'm worried about. I'm worried that I won't be able to master it, especially without having someone teaching me.

No y/n, stop thinking like that, you have these eyes for a reason. Not Itachi, not Izumi, you.

My self pep talk worked, and I left my house to go to the Uchiha's main household library. Though I internally groan, knowing I'll have to speak with Fugaku, and in turn Itachi - especially after my little episode less than an hour before.

Rising from my bed, I make my way to the front door. I open it to the cool night breeze brushing across my slightly rosy cheeks. How I love spring.

I make the quick trip to the main family's home. Miktoto, as usual, is the one who greets me at the door. "Y/n, I heard what happened," She said upon seeing me on her porch.

"Ah, yes, we took care of them rather quickly," I responded, avoiding the topic of my breakdown.

"Y/n, you know what I'm referring to. What was that about? You really gave Itachi a scare there."

"I-it was nothing, I'll be fine, as well as Itachi. May I go to the library, I would like to start my training with Sozo."

Her face contorts into surprise, "So soon after your fight, wouldn't you like a few rest days?"

"You and I both know there's no time for that, nor am I shaken up or hurt from those Chunin, it was rather a waste of time." Mikoto simply sighs, and turns to lead me to the library.

Upon entering, I see shelves among shelves of books, mainly on other jutsu's or the sharingan. It amazes me how much information two eyes can hold.

Scanning the shelves, I find a singular book on Sozo. Huh? Strange that there isn't more.

Walking out of the dimly lit library, I inform Mikoto of the book I was taking and make my way out. Upon putting my shoes on, she is incessant that Itachi walks me home.

So here I am, walking side by side with the man I was supposed to ignore.

We quickly arrive back at my house, and I rush to get inside. "Y/n..." Itachi quietly says, as my foot is already inside. I throw my head behind my shoulder in a questioning statement. "What's been up with you lately?" He finishes.

Turning my head back around towards the entrance of my house, I let out a sigh. This was the conversation I was aiming to avoid. "Nothing," Quickly putting my other foot into the door, I slammed it shut as fast as I could. Leaving Itachi confused and alone on my porch.

This is going to come back and bite me in the ass.