Ash looked from the above and saw the agents doing a good job in escorting the civilans, while a boy was trying to stand against the angry herd of pokemon. He recognised that it was Ethan when he saw the Typhlosion.

'Right. Of course they are depending on me. I could see Ethan smirking even from up here,'  Ash thought, sighing mentally.

'But why are the pokemons behaving like this?  What could be the reason?'  the Kanto Champion thought again with a frown.

An explosion from below broke him out of his thoughts. He looked down just in time to see a group of Poliwags ganging up on Typhlosion, who looked tired and injured.

Ash wasted no time.

"Knock them out Pikachu, Thunder."

***

"As you can see, the KDA agents have escorted the citizens to a safe place. But the wild pokemon, for some unknown reasons, are still rampaging in the area," a reporter said from the helicopter. The news were starting to spread throughout the whole city.

"Right now, Kanto Elite Four member Ethan Gold is fighting bravely against them. But for how long?" the reporter questioned and the camera zoomed to the ongoing battle downwards.

Ethan was tensed about what to do. Typhlosion looked tired and there was no sign of Ash. Suddenly, he heard a faint rumbling from above as black clouds started to gather in the sky. He smiled in relief.

'About time.'

A large bolt of yellow lightning shot down from sky. It hit the ground and a massive explosion occured, taking everyone's attention. The group of Poliwags instantly fainted from the powerful electric type move. The other mons around it were pushed back and took damage from the shockwave.
The agents who noticed it from a distance, cheered and high fived each other, knowing the situation is now under control.

"What's this?" the reporter exclaimed as the camera was instinctively zoomed at a Pidgeot which landed right on the Route. A guy with a Pikachu was seen landing from the bird before standing on the spot.

"Its the Kanto Champion himself in action!" exclaimed the reporter.

Pikachu took a battle stance from Ash's shoulder, cheeks sparking with deadly electricity. Pidgeot was ready as well.

"Took you long enough," Ethan said as Ash turned at him.

"What in the world has gotten into them?" Ash asked incredulously gesturing at the wild mons around them.

"Dunno. It’s almost like they are not themselves," Ethan said looking around.

'Not themselves huh,'  Ash thought as he looked at the mons once again. They didn’t look like they were doing this on purpose. Almost like someone was forcing them too. Ash knew what has to be done.

"Defeat them." Ash said as Ethan gave him a look saying 'Excuse me mate?'

Ash sighed. "It's the only way. I have a feeling they will be back to normal after fainting. I will do that while you go and send a medic team here once we are done."

Ethan nodded without any question. He knew better than not to trust Ash. He and his Typhlosion stormed off from the place.

Ash turned and looked at all the wild pokemons glaring at him, ready to attack.

Ash sadly sighed. "I am sorry, but this is for your own good," he said and threw a pokeball in the air.

***

"It looks like the Champion has decided to take the matter into his own hands," the reporter exclaimed loudly.
"Will he be able to stand against them? Or did he ever stood a chance? Stay with us and find out," another reporter from a second helicopter said as the cameras were zoomed to the now battlefield.