Chapter Forty Five

"Indra I love your work but here's some constructive criticism; Kill Sheidheda the first time

"Indra I love your work but here's some constructive criticism; Kill Sheidheda the first time."

Bursting into the rotunda, Indra and Gaia all but leap back to their feet

Bursting into the rotunda, Indra and Gaia all but leap back to their feet. From the frazzled way I shove Madi towards the ramp upwards I don't blame them. We probably appear absolutely unhinged. "Madi get to the surface" I gently encourage her away from the fight "Hide like Clarke taught you." The girl doesn't need much encouragement. Quickly, Madi scampers from my defensive side and upwards around the rotunda.

"I take it you found the Disciples that came through?"

With a mocking laugh I yank back out my dagger "Oh I wish." Motioning outwards with my dagger to Indra, I huff "Indra I love your work but here's some constructive criticism; Kill Shaidheda the first time."

Worry flashing across her features, Indra unsheathes her sword with the same fierce look in her eye I've grown accustomed to over the years serving by her side "I'll drive my blade through him myself."

"You didn't do it the first time Indra", Shaidheda emerges cunningly from the shadows, a wicked grin on his face at the challenge of us "Not the second...third or fourth..."

Amazed I whisper at Indra under my breath "Four times?"

"I believed his death a sure thing."

"But four times?!"

With a vicious growl, Shaidheda extends his arm victoriously "It seems the universe just wants me alive."

"Not anymore", Gaia's humbled voice echoes around the rotunda. I hadn't noticed, but silently we've surrounded Shaidheda. Cornering him in from escape at every angle. No matter the sword he steals from the blood-stained floor we remain united apart. A trifecta of looming threat; served under the reign of Bloodreina. The Red Queen.

We're not going down easily.

With a ferocious growl, Indra lunges forwards. Sheidheda moves just as fast. A brazen swing of his sword comes down sharply to block Indra's. Seizing my chance I move swiftly and silently. With a twirl of my daggers I target Shaidheda's back. Yet he's fast to shove Indra away and bring his sword clashing down against mine. Biting down my yelp of surprise by how fast he turns with w hard fist he caves it hard over my head. Rearing my head back around I raise my daggers to block the second attack, booting his chest hard to make Shaidheda stumble backward into Gaia. She dances around his stumble but her swung spear is blocked. Spear in his hands I feel my eyes widen watching Gaia get swung around like a rag doll and thrown off balance into Indra.