Chapter Fifty Five

"I bet that felt good, didn't it?"

My welding helmet down I carefully watch where the oxy-torch is firing

My welding helmet down I carefully watch where the oxy-torch is firing. The Eligus lawyers managed to reinstate our ship progression however Clarke's suit is still holding strong. She hasn't dropped it but no further injunctions have been filed to progress the suit so I suppose at least something I said rang true to her upon our confrontation. Still, the launch cannot occur with this suit in place. Either she drops it or Clarke moves forwards with it- but something needs to happen. Suddenly my torch trails a blazing line through a metal sheet when something snags on the oxi-hose. Yelping surprised I quickly reach to turn the tank off before my wide shocked stare meets a young apprentice. Barley eighteen and free if puberty I have half a mind to question what the hell he was doing on this restricted compound to begin with. My heart leaping from fright, I snap despite his frazzled apology "Get out."

"But-"

"Take the day", I sharply wave him away, snatching out my radio to convey "All trainees and non-essential personnel need to take the day and direct their untrained asses out of my ship." The boy still staring stunned, I snap "NOW!"

The apprentice making a fast break for it, I hear Raven mutter over the radio "That's a little harsh."

"As soon as they know where the fuck they're walking they can come back", the sharp edge doesn't leave my tone "Once they can master the art of walking they can have their tools back." Discarding the radio to the side with a clatter I slide back down my welding helmet. If you want something right do it your damn self.

{}{}{}

When night falls I find myself in Bellamy's pricey Audi, sleekly slinking through backstreets of Washington DC. My gaze traveling over the flashy dash, I wonder "Aren't soldiers supposed to have big muscle cars?"

"Aren't you supposed to be a feminist?"

"I never gender specified misogynistic male." Quietly we roll through the streets until finally we pull up outside of a small corner mall. Sat on the edge of the street my gaze trails over the sun battered exterior. "Wow", I hum, tilting my head towards Bellamy and jutting my thumb outside "This is where you're going to finally murder me?"