13 - goodbyes

a/n - writing during my english finali am so sleepy i'm sorry if this isn't good oops

(y/n)'s pov

once we got back to the camp, i headed to the water estate to sleep there for the night. as soon as i got there, i dropped my things into one of the guest rooms and threw the half and half haori into the wash.

after quickly changing, i passed out, finally getting some very needed sleep.

the sun was peeking through the curtains that i had accidentally left open. stretching a bit, i sat up and listened to my surroundings.

tanjiro and nezuko are back!

hopping out of the small bed, i slipped into my demon slayer uniform and wore my karasuno jacket over. i walked out to the main kitchen where the burgundy boy was currently cooking some breakfast for us.

nezuko was out of the box since the dividers were up to block out the sun, so i sat beside her, "hey nezu~ i'm sorry i haven't seen you in awhile!"

she leaned into my touch as i pet her hair, cutely humming with delight as i continued. "just a few more minutes (y/n)! after we eat, we'll head over to the training camp," the cook grinned at me and i nodded with affirmation.

while he was finishing up, i gathered my things for the day including my notes and umbrella so i could easily leave when we were ready.

"it's ready, (y/n)!" tanjiro called out, quickly eating his own food. i sat between the siblings, and ate my own food.

as usual, i loved the food he cooked, "thanks jiro!! oh, can we stop somewhere before we get to the camp? i wanna get the boys something..."

we started to clean up our plates, "sure! you really like giving matching gifts, huh?"

wow.

i really do.

taking the last plate from his hand i quickly washed it, "that's not the point!! it's our last day here..."

after drying our hands, he ruffled my hair with a rosy smile, "i get it, i get it! cmon nezuko, let's get going." the mentioned demoness gave a happy hum and shrunk, crawling into the wooden box.

heading out and locking the house, tanjiro and i stopped by a small souvenir store i had checked out the other day. i quickly grabbed a few keychains, inspired by the cosplay go-kart onesies we wore the day before.

i got them cute acrylic animals :
cats for the nekoma boys
owls for fukurodani
bears for the third years
hawk for tanaka
hamster for noya
dogs for ennoshita, kinoshita, and narita
dinosaurs for tsukishima and yamaguchi
baby monsters for kageyama and hinata
pandas for kiyoko and hitoka

they were honestly, adorable.

holding the small bag with the charms, tanjiro and i headed over to the training camp. once the school was in sight, i interlaced my hand with the other slayer's, starting to dash faster with excitement.

since yesterday, i realized that i liked holding hands if i was going somewhere with someone else.

we entered the gym, around half of the boys already inside and setting up. "good morning darlings~!" i chirped while warmly smiling at the group.

scattered "good morning!"s came from around the gym and i put my stuff down by the wall. i helped pull out the volleyball carts and eventually ended up chatting with the burgundy haired boy while waiting.