3 - meet the crows

(y/n)'s pov

the gym fell silent, all eyes landing on me. slightly unsure what to do, i leaned against the gym doorframe and gave them a smile. my eyes scanned the room, noticing a few familiar faces among the boys, and also taking quick note of their individual auras.

"(l-l/n)?" my gaze landed upon one of the familiar faces, the boy from earlier who led me to the teachers' office at the beginning of the day.

tilting my head, i entered the room, "ennoshita! is this the boys volleyball team?"

before someone could reply, another teen spoke up while pointing at my guide, "you met her too??"

the two boys who yelled before pounced on the boy from the vending machine and i came over to the three, "oh, kageyama, right? do you need some help?"

blushing on the ground, the boy with blue eyes looked up at me while the other two who tackled him immediately popped up. "i'm nishinoya yu! you're a first year right?" i nodded and he proudly grinned and stuck his thumb into his chest, "then call me noya senpai!!!"

"i'm tanaka ryuunosuke!! call me tanaka senpai!!!"

both of them were grinning and awaiting my response. slightly awkwardly laughing, i helped kageyama get up off the ground, "ah... i'm (l/n) (y/n)... just (l/n) is fine for me..."

the boys from yesterday approached me next, "you were the girl that asked for directions yesterday, right?" the grey haired boy and the orange haired boy both joined the crowd, and i nodded to them.

eventually, the rest of the boys in the gym gathered around me, and i unintentionally scanned their muscles. slipping into the see-through world, i slowly spun around and observed their physical abilities. "uhm... do you mind introducing yourselves?"

one of the boys finally spoke up, "line up! we can introduce in order!" based on his orders and controlling tone, he was most likely the captain.

the rest of the boys went back to line up and i stood in the middle of the court. i leaned on my umbrella and put my attention on each of the teens as they spoke, causing red faces to meet my gaze.

"i'm the captain! sawamura daichi!"

"nice to see you again! i'm sugawara koushi."

"i-i'm the ace... azumane asahi."

"as i said, call me noya senpai!"

"and call me tanaka senpai!"

"glad to see you, ennoshita chikara."

"k-kinoshita hisashi..."

"i'm narita kazuhito."

"kageyama tobio."

"i-i'm hinata shoyo!! we met yesterday!!!"

"tsk. tsukishima kei, little miss angel."

"a-ah, i'm yamaguchi tadashi... good to see you again (l/n)..."

the female marechi shook my hand, "i'm shimizu kiyoko, the team's manager."

i then faced the two adults, first the one with glasses and black hair, "i'm the teacher administrator! takeda ittetsu!"

and finally, the last person introduced themselves, "ukai keishin. the coach for the boys."

bowing to the group, i grinned at all of them, "(l/n) (y/n), but just call me (l/n)! i don't really like formalities..."

the teacher administrator gave me a smile, "what brings you here then (l/n)?"

blinking, i had to think a bit. how did i end up here? ah yeah, i followed that marechi. i can't tell them that though... "a-ah, i just got lost on the way out and ended up here."

"you can stay during practice if you're interested!" the coach gave me a thumbs up and i nodded to him, curious as to how the team was.

the captain clapped his hands and addressed the rest of the team, "alright then! now that that's sorted out, let's get to practice boys!"

casually, i leaned against the wall of the gym and watched the boys split up. half of the boys were on one side, spiking? i believe? and the other half were... receiving?

vaguely, i remembered rough memories of playing volleyball with my younger brother, bitterly smiling. i snapped out of my thoughts as a loud smack resounded in the gym as hinata spiked the ball that kageyama set.

my eyes scanned his muscles and i quietly murmured to myself, "he's short, but he has the athletic ability and strength to make up for it..."

i kept watching them and muttering to myself, "daichi and noya specialize in defense most likely... asahi would be the ace with his power, despite his shy aura... tanaka plays as wild as his aura, but will probably be the next ace... sugawara is trusted by the team but kageyama is the primary..."

beside me, the marechi listened with her eyes agape, "you can tell all that from just watching?"

caught off guard, my umbrella slipped from my hands, causing a slight smack onto the gym floor. i picked it up and replied, "ah... yeah. i have really good eyes i guess..."

"is there anything you think they could improve upon, physically?" the manager asked, and i had to think a bit.

spinning the umbrella, i voiced my thoughts, "i could be completely wrong but... hinata and tsukishima need to work on receives, the former also needs to learn how to use his eyes while spiking, noya needs to work on different reaches, and honestly all of them could work on improving their stamina. running would be the best method."

takeda sensei suddenly grabbed me by my shoulders, "will you join the team as our analyst????"

i wasn't sure, and honestly shocked to hear the request. it wasn't too bad of a request, but i knew that i would still have patrols in the area at night. then again... it would be good to make sure that the marechi was safe in a regular basis...

"do you mind if i think about it?" i asked, and he nodded. "ah... i also don't know the complexities to volleyball, just the basics."

coach ukai chimed in, "that doesn't matter! your analysis of the boys was spot on... you can help us strengthen the team and find weak spots!"

a couple of the boys had overheard, and immediately gave their opinions.

"he's right!"

"if you could tell all that from seeing us play once, that alone proves how valuable you could be!"

"we'd love to have an angel like you on the team!!!!"

"plus, we'd get to see you every day!!!!"

seeing their hopeful auras brighten up the room, i could tell how good natured the team was. "i'll have my answer by tomorrow..."

they all continued to try to persuade me, but i managed to escape as my phone went off.

"ah, i gotta go now. i'll let you know tomorrow!"

grabbing my bag, i rushed out of the school, following a small sparrow that led the way.

"how was school (y/n) chan?"

word count - 1133
a/n - hi reminder that i love u
-nova✨