11 - casual strolls

a/n - i'm writing this in the middle of my econ final lmaooo ✨(past nova✨)

(y/n)'s pov

the practice games for the day had finally ended, karasuno still lagging behind the other teams. hey, at least they should be a lot better at diving receives now!

tanjiro had forced me to sit on the bench with the managers throughout the day, despite my protests. thus, i focused my breathing on healing my injuries the entire day, leaving me feeling a bit tired but overall better.

i was sitting down and waiting for something to happen as the boys were cleaning up when i remembered i had four things in my pocket. "jiro! come here!!" i excitedly exclaimed as the boy looked up and came over to me. "close your eyes~"

he sighed, but followed along. i grabbed his left arm, slipping the green and black bracelet on his wrist. i also placed the pink and black one in the palm of his hand. opening his eyes, he examined the bracelets, "what are these for (y/n)?"

"i made them for the slayers! that one is for nezuko, when you can give it to her later on." beaming at the boy, he then pat my head softly.

a light blush in his face, "thanks (y/n). i'm sure she'll love it!"

laughing, i quietly slipped outside of the gym. "kenji!" i called out to the sky, and quickly the crow came to my arm, "can you give these to ino and zen? just say i got them for the corps!"

the bird grabbed the bracelets, but eyed me before leaving. cawing twice, our code for 'give me sakura mochi when i come back!' that was used around others, he then flew off into the distance.

i smiled to myself, turning to head into the gym, but bumping into a tall nekoma player. "ah, sorry!"

looking up, i made eye contact with the towering half russian boy who i bumped into. he stuttered, "w-was that a crow?!?!"

oops. "ah, yeah! i got him when i was younger," not a lie, "and he helps me out with small missions," still not a lie!

he started to look off in the distance, "that's so cool... i want a messenger bird too!!!"

laughing, we started walking back into the gym, "i'm (l/n) (y/n), karasuno's analyst! you're nekoma's newest, right?"

"yeah! i'm haiba lev! i'm gonna be the ace of nekoma soon!!!" his energetic words were obviously passionate.

i sat back down, feeling tanjiro's gaze on me, "you definitely can. just keep practicing and get the basics down!" i winked at him, causing the boy to go red in the face until he was dragged away.

nekoma's libero was literally dragging him. something about, "stop lazing around! you still need to practice your receives!!"

sighing, i spun the umbrella in my hands, bored out of my mind while waiting.

"(y/n)!" i perked my head up, seeing the energetic middle blocker calling me over, "are you coming with us?"

this had me confused, tilting my head and getting up, "what do you mean?"

i walked over to the team, including some of the other players. kuroo explained, "we got permission to take you country bumpkins out to see tokyo."

hinata asked me again, "s-so, are you able to come with us?"

suga chimed in, "if your injuries are too bad, you should stay here until you get better."

"ah... i can't come with you all. i'm, busy? i guess?" i turned to tanjiro who was at my left, not sure how to make an excuse.