17 - sun

(y/n)'s pov

"where's hinata?!??"

"he's in the bathroom again!!"

"oh my god. again???"

i smiled while listening to the crows on the court, looking for the sunshine boy who was always way too nervous. it was the first day of the spring inter high tournament, the final one for the seniors to prove how much they had grown from all of our vigorous practices.

the mood felt a bit more serious, the reality of the opportunity definitely hitting the boys as they started stretching out on the court.

hinata finally showed up, looking very shaky and queasy as kageyama began yelling at him for being nervous and suga started trying to calm him down.

watching them all, a soft smile came to my face as they interacted with each other as usual before their first match.

coach ukai blew his whistle, "all right, settle down!! let's start with serves!"

time skip brought to you by inosuke's boar mask💘
a/n - skipping over the games

tired, yet energetically, the crows gathered back up on the bus back home after a successful day of games. the adrenaline of their last game was still in full effect, until about twenty minutes into the ride when all of the boys passed out.

beside me, the grey haired setter was asleep while leaning on the bus window unintentionally.

i could tell he was a bit bothered by the bumping of his head against the window, a cute pout forming on his face from time to time.

silently, i gently pulled him over to my shoulder so that he could peacefully rest after the games.

his soft yet comforting breaths calmed me down as i listened to music for the rest of the ride back to karasuno.

once we came to a stop, i put away my earbuds and gently shook the third year who was resting on my shoulder. "suga? we're here, you have to wake up! sorry..."

drowsily, he blinked a bit and rubbed his eyes, slowly realizing what happened. "o-oh! i'm so sorry (y/n)!!! i didn't mean to fall asleep on your shoulder! i- i just—"

i cut him off by getting up and holding my hand out for him to hold, "it's fine! your head was bouncing against the window, and i didn't really mind! let's get going before everyone leaves!"

with a medium blush on his cheeks, he nodded and silently accepted my hand (which had healed). we got off of the bus, joining the rest of the team outside who were stretching after the long ride.

dropping his hand, i put my umbrella on my shoulder and helped kiyoko and hitoka bring back inside the equipment that we brought to the tournament.

coach ukai and takeda sensei gave final parting words to the team before they headed out, reminding everyone to get some sleep and eat a good breakfast for day 2 tomorrow.

after waving and saying my goodbyes, i started to head back to the cloud estate, "kenji?" the crow quickly came from above, landing on my outstretched arm with a small caw. "tonight is our night off, you can do whatever you'd like!"

he hopped a bit up my arm, "can i ask the maids to make me sakura mochi for all my hard work?"

i laughed into the cold wind of the night, "yes, yes! of course you can! just don't keep them up all night or else i'll have to put a limit on your consumption."

the crow squawked happily as we continued our walk back home, until i noticed two familiar figures in the distance. a soft grin spread on my lips, breaking into a jog out of excitement.